‘Satayamev Jayate’ has made life tough for me: Kiran RaoApril 24th, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 24 (IANS) Filmmaker and superstar Aamir Khan’s wife Kiran Rao says the actor’s new TV show “Satayamev Jayate” has made life tough for her as he has started bringing work home.
“This show has made my jeena haram (life tough) on many levels because Aamir has worked on the show night and day and in my house,” the 38-year-old said here.
“So my house has been full of writers and people from Star, and Aamir and they have all the big team in my house day and night. So, I am waiting for the show to come on air and slowly, hopefully my life will also go back to normal,” she added.
“Satyamev Jayate” will go on air on Star Plus May 6. The concept of the show has been kept under wraps, but its theme song is receiving a positive response.
Rao also admits to being in love with it.
“‘Satyamev Jayate’ is an amazing song. I really loved it and they went all over the country to shoot it, which was really exciting,” she said, adding that she regrets not being a part of the show.
“(I was) Very sad that I couldn’t be a part of his show. It’s been such a journey for Aamir. The promos I hope reached out to the people and people will watch the show,” she said.
“Satyamev Jayate” will mark Aamir’s debut on the small screen.
It is unique as it will be the first ever programme to go live simultaneously on a private channel and national broadcaster DD1.
While Aamir has been busy with the show, Rao has been spending time with their five-month-old son Azaad. She says motherhood is keeping her away from starting anything new.
“I am actually going to begin writing something. I hope I have the head space to start writing. I am still very much a full-time mother hoping to find the space to work and write something new,” said Rao, who became a mother in December last year through a surrogacy.
Her last film as producer was “Delhi Belly” and she made her directorial debut with “Dhobi Ghat”.
- 'Satyamev Jayate' in copyright trouble with Euphoria - May 07, 2012
- Aamir scared of showing 'Satyamev Jayate' to friends - May 02, 2012
- Concept of marriage has changed for better: Aamir Khan - Jul 01, 2012
- Aamir, Prasoon Joshi making 50 shorts on malnutrition - May 07, 2012
- Proud of you, Dilip Kumar tells Aamir - May 10, 2012
- Meant for private, national channels, Aamir's show to make history - Apr 13, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- Gehlot, Aamir meet to discuss female foeticide (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
- Social issues fine, but no politics for Aamir Khan - May 07, 2012
- Kainaz wants to take Aamir for a drive (With Image) - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, april 24, dd1, delhi belly, directorial debut, filmmaker, ghat, head space, jeena, kiran rao, last film, motherhood, national broadcaster, new tv show, private channel, promos, spending time, superstar, time mother, wraps