Santos wants to sing with Alejandro FernandezNovember 25th, 2011 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Nov 25 (IANS/EFE) Dominican singer Romeo Santos said in Mexico that he will seek to share his experience and voice with Mexico’s Alejandro Fernandez to blend ranchera music with bachata.
The leader of the now-defunct band Aventura confessed at a press conference in the Mexican capital that his greatest “challenge” is to be able to disseminate his music and share it with other artists of different genres and countries.
“I would like to collaborate with Alejandro Fernandez to be able to mix genres. It would be interesting to mix bachata with rancheras,” said the artist, adding that every day he listens to Canadian Michael Buble and Mexicans Vicente Fernandez and Juan Gabriel.
Santos is in Mexico City to promote his new solo album “Formula Vol. 1″, which includes collaborations with well-known artists like Mexico’s Mario Domm from the group Camila; Spaniards La Mala Rodriguez and Tomati, and the urban singers Usher, Lil Wayne and Pitbull.
The artist expressed his desire to bring his culture and music to the entire world and said he was ready push forward as a soloist to “conquer” hearts and the European and Asian markets.
“My intent is to exceed expectations and conquer the public in Spain, Japan and Brazil,” he said, adding that he will begin his world tour in February 2012 in the main US cities.
“Formula Vol. 1″ was released internationally Nov 8 and the song he performs with Usher, “Promised”, the album’s first single, is currently at the top of the pop charts.
- Romeo Santos happy with success of first solo album - Nov 17, 2011
- Romeo Santos tops Billboard's Latin songs charts - Dec 16, 2011
- Mana reach No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Jan 13, 2012
- Santos' first solo album tops Billboard Latin chart - Dec 09, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Luis Fonsi's latest shoots to top of Latin Albums chart - Jul 08, 2011
- Prince Royce says he's not letting fame go to his head - Feb 27, 2012
- Romeo Santos' solo debut leads Latin albums chart - Dec 30, 2011
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz, Tony Bennett perform in Mexico - Oct 28, 2011
- New album mixes flamenco and Mexican songs - Nov 22, 2011
- Romeo Santos' `You' tops Billboard Latin charts - May 20, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Romeo Santos remains atop Billboard Latin Songs - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: alejandro fernandez, asian markets, defunct band, efe, first single, greatest challenge, juan gabriel, la mala rodriguez, lil wayne, mario domm, mexicans, mexico city, michael buble, pop charts, solo album, soloist, spain japan, spaniards, top of the pop, vicente fernandez