Santa Claus and elves get health safety lessons to tackle Christmas strainDecember 5th, 2008 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 5 (ANI): With the Christmas season going on full swing, the one concern environmental health experts have on their mind is the health safety of Santa Claus and elves working at the stores.
Taking into consideration the huge number of kids that they would have to balance on their knees, the experts decided to hold training courses for store Santas so that they do not have backaches sitting in the grottos.
The dozens of lessons, which are being staged by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, are for one day only, and they include lessons on how to adopt the correct posture while sitting on their chairs with the children on their knees.
Added to their sitting posture was the lesson on how to lift heavy presents without causing any injury to themselves, and the lessons also serve as a warning to the Santas that they could get injured on the job.
Of course theres only one Santa but hundreds of stand-ins work in stores in the run-up to Christmas, the Sun quoted a spokeswoman as saying. (ANI)
- Letters to Santa Claus with love from India - Jul 17, 2012
- How to make that backache vanish - Jul 08, 2011
- 'Arthur Christmas' - Rekindles Christmas spirit (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 14, 2012
- Santa Tracker Gets Activated - Dec 24, 2010
- Santa's holiday wish-fulfillment op 'driven by technology, not magic' - Dec 05, 2010
- Macy's fires Santa Claus for telling 'naughty' joke - Dec 08, 2010
- 100 sand Santas mark the Christmas festival in Puri - Dec 25, 2009
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Families in Arizona invited to pose with Santa - and guns - Nov 29, 2011
- "The Santa Clause" Series And Many More For "ABC's 25 Days Of Christmas" - Dec 03, 2010
- Lessons for Brit girls on how to walk in heels branded 'a silly gimmick' - Jun 09, 2010
- Fireworks, bubbly, baubles and a Christmas at sea! - Dec 24, 2010
- German Catholics want to ban Santa Claus - Oct 07, 2010
- Nature is the best stress buster during holidays - Dec 20, 2009
- How to keep back pain away this winter - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: chairs, chartered institute of environmental health, christmas, christmas season, correct posture, dozens, full swing, grottos, health experts, health safety, ins, institute of environmental health, knees, posture, safety lessons, santa claus, sitting posture, spokeswoman, taking into consideration, training courses