Sanskrit tattoos hot fad with world celebritiesSeptember 19th, 2009 - 6:38 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Recently, there has been a surge in interest in Sanskrit tattoo designs and symbols among Hollywood and other celebrities.
Famed British footballer Theo Walcott is the newest one to join “Sanskrit Tattoo Club”. On the inside of his right arm, a Sanskrit tattoo reportedly meaning “Beautiful, Blessed, Strong, Intelligent” is engraved. “Beautiful” is dedicated for his sister Hollie, “blessed” for his father Don, “strong” for his brother Ashley, and “intelligent” for his mother Lynn.
Actress Jessica Alba, musician Tommy Lee of “Motley Crue”, singer and model Rihanna, dancer and singer Kimberly Wyatt of “Pussycat Dolls”, are some of the celebrities who sport Sanskrit tattoos.
Om, the mystical syllable containing the universe, seems to be the most popular of Sanskrit tattoos.Ancient language Sanskrit is considered a sacred language, the language of the gods. Tattoos go back in history to at least since Neolithic times.
- Sanskrit tattoos becoming popular among world celebs - Sep 18, 2009
- Brandy Norwood's Lord Ganesh tattoo starts fad for Hindu tattoos - Jan 15, 2011
- In view of Rihanna's misspelled tattoo, Hindus call for Sanskrit training for tattoo industry - Apr 18, 2009
- Kimberly Wyatt unsure about marriage - Dec 15, 2011
- England footie star Walcott's sis wants to be world's top woman bodybuilder - Nov 10, 2010
- Sharon Osbourne branded 'most evil, s**tiest woman' - Sep 14, 2010
- Nevada Assembly in USA opened with Hindu prayer - Apr 26, 2011
- USA's 5th most populated city opens meet with Hindu prayers - Jul 08, 2010
- Wyatt wanted ethical make-up line - May 08, 2012
- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil charged with misdemeanor offenses in Las Vegas - Apr 06, 2011
- Eboué lands himself in marital doghouse after dancing at Drogba's charity do - Dec 06, 2010
- Catholic nuns & Hindu statesman Zed pray together in USA for "peace and love" - Feb 14, 2011
- Ozzy Osbourne's 'wild' fears over band tour - Jun 28, 2010
- "Live To Dance" Judges Set To Start A Hunt For New Dancing Sensations - Jan 05, 2011
- Sanskrit mantras to open Yuba City Council meet in California - May 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,