Sanjay Dutt turns emotional at house where Nargis was bornApril 26th, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 26 (IANS) Actor-turned-politician Sanjay Dutt turned emotional Sunday after visiting a nearly century-old building where his mother, legendary actress Nargis, was born.
The dilapidated building on 8 Indian Mirror Street, saw a large crowd since early morning Sunday as news leaked out about Dutt’s impending arrival.
Accompanied by Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh and encircled by his private security guards, Dutt arrived in a bullet-proof car to cries of “Munnnabhai zindabad” and “Sanjay Dutt Zindabad”. He was immediately taken into the house, whose residents were eagerly waiting.
Dutt was taken to the room where Nargis was believed to have been born in 1929 to a muslim mother - Allahabad based singer Jaddanbai - and a Hindu father - Rawalpindi based Uttamchand Mohanchand.
Sanjay spent about ten minutes in the room all alone, and seemed overcome by nostalgia when he came out.
“It’s a very emotional moment for me. Thanks to Amar Singhji, that he found the house,” said the actor - affectionately called Sanjubaba.
“I was in the room alone for 10 minutes remembering my mother. Thanks to Kolkata and the people of Kolkata,” he said, before leaving the spot.
He later left for Nalhati in Birbhum to address an election meeting.
- Amar Singh expresses unhappiness over seat denial in West Bengal - Apr 26, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt remembers mom on her birth anniversary - Jun 01, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt puts his B'day on hold for Amar Singh - Jul 23, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt Gets Candid, Talks About Amar Singh, Wife Maanyata And Sisters - Jun 28, 2010
- I want to be a bankable actor: Nilesh Sahay (Interview) - Feb 09, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt, Abhishek Bachchan visit Amar Singh in hospital - Mar 03, 2009
- Ajay's 'Once Upon...' look inspired by Big B's in 'Deewar' (Film Snippets) - Jun 11, 2010
- Argentine players visit Mother House, Messi skips - Sep 04, 2011
- With kids around, no time for romance: Manyata Dutt - Feb 02, 2012
- No acting for Trishala: Sanjay Dutt (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt To Set Example By Refraining From Gutka Endorsements - Jan 05, 2011
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- Samajwadi Party expels Amar Singh, Jaya Prada - Feb 02, 2010
- 'Yeh Jo Mohabbat hai' a modern love story: Ashim Samanta - Jun 21, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt adopts father's 'Mujhe Jeene Do' look for 'SOS' - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: actor turned politician, actress nargis, amar singh, birbhum, bullet proof car, dilapidated building, emotional moment, general secretary, hindu, impending arrival, indian mirror, large crowd, legendary actress, mother thanks, muslim, nostalgia, private security guards, Samajwadi Party, sanjay dutt, zindabad