Sanjay Dutt gets relief in Uttar Pradesh caseMay 4th, 2012 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Allahabad, May 4 (IANS) Film star Sanjay Dutt has been granted relief by the Allahabad High Court which stayed the criminal proceedings against the actor in a sessions court in Uttar Pradesh, a lawyer said Friday.
Justice V.K. Narayan stayed the proceedings against Dutt in a lower court in Mau over allegedly indecent remarks made by him against then chief minister Mayawati in 2009.
Counsel for Dutt said that the high court stayed the proceedings Thursday and issued notices to the respondents.
The alleged “indecent remarks” were made by the Bollywood star during a public rally organised by supporters of the Samajwadi Party, which came to power in the state in March.
A case was slapped on the actor by police in Mau for allegedly making uncharitable remarks against Mayawati in Dakshin Tola area.
The first information report was registered against Dutt under penal provisions carrying a maximum punishment of one year. He was also booked under sections of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
Police, after a probe, filed a charge sheet against Dutt. He was yet to appear before the trial court which had summoned him.
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Court dismisses Rita Bahuguna Joshi's plea - Mar 21, 2012
- Bailable warrant issued against Sanjay Dutt - Mar 27, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt summoned for remarks against Mayawati - Jun 25, 2010
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea - Jun 06, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt charged for 'jhappi to Mayawati' remark - Apr 02, 2010
- Aarushi case: SC stays all trial proceedings, relief for Talwars - Mar 19, 2011
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Aarushi case: Talwars challenge trial in SC - Mar 19, 2011
- Delhi High Court quashes trial of Yahoo India - Mar 02, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt booked again for remarks against Mayawati - Apr 21, 2009
- CBI court to hear Aarushi case on July 20 - Apr 28, 2011
- Supreme Court defers hearing in Aarushi case till July 12 - Apr 25, 2011
- SC to study order on petitioner against Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,