Sanjay Dutt declared Best Comic Actor at IIFAJune 6th, 2010 - 2:44 am ICT by IANS
Colombo, June 6 (IANS) Sanjay Dutt, Bollywood’s affable Munnabhai, walked away with the Best Comic Actor trophy for his rib-tickling performance in “All The Best”, while Boman Irani received the Best Actor in Negative Role honour for his brilliant portrayal of an eccentric professor in “3 Idiots” at the International Indian Film Academy Awards here.
Sharman Joshi, who played Aamir Khan’s friend in “3 Idiots”, won the Best Supporting Actor Award, while Divya Dutta received Best Supporting Actress honour for her performance in “Delhi 6″.
In the special award category, well-known Hindi filmmaker J. Omprakash and Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan’s maternal grandfather, who made films like “Aap Ki Kasam” (1974) , “Aasha” (1980) and “Aas Paas” (1981), was honoured for his outstanding contribution to cinema.
Versatile actor Anil Kapoor, who made his mark in the international arena with British filmmaker Danny Boyle’s multiple award winning rags-to-riches drama “Slumdog Millionaire”, was honoured for outstanding achievement by an Indian in international cinema.
Bollywood heart throb Slaman Khan was given the Habitat for Humanity Award.
Abhijat Joshi, Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra received the Best Story Award for penning the interesting tale of “3 Idiots”.
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at IIFA; Vidya, Kareena are best actresses (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Hirani, Rituparno to hold master classes in Melbourne - May 25, 2012
- Sharman replaces 'Fido Dido' as 7UP brand ambassador - Mar 21, 2011
- Sharman humbled by praise, success - Jun 18, 2012
- '3 Idiots' coming to US on DVD April 26 - Mar 10, 2011
- Vidhu's best yet to come: Anil Kapoor - Mar 30, 2012
- Sharman Joshi Bags Lead Role In 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' to release April 27, 2012 - Sep 25, 2011
- Shah Rukh receives Global Entertainment award - Mar 18, 2010
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra confirms Sharman as lead in next - Nov 30, 2010
- Still waiting for right script after '3 Idiots': Sharman Joshi - May 30, 2010
- 'Ferrari..' has its moments of fine sawaari (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 16, 2012
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra apologises for delays in his films - May 09, 2012
- Music, Bollywood glitter at 57th National Film Awards ceremony (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Want to be part of at least 10 great films: Sharman Joshi (Interview) - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, aasha, anil kapoor, boman irani, british filmmaker, danny boyle, divya dutta, eccentric professor, hrithik roshan, humanity award, international cinema, munnabhai, omprakash, rags to riches, rajkumar hirani, sanjay dutt, sharman joshi, slaman khan, versatile actor, vidhu vinod chopra