Sanjay Dutt adopts father’s ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’ look for ‘SOS’August 13th, 2012 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt adopted his father Sunil Dutt’s dacoit avatar from 1963 film “Mujhe Jeene Do” for upcoming movie “Son Of Sardar” (SOS).
The actor had plans of remaking his father’s film “Mujhe Jeene Do”, but the plan has been incorporated in the Ajay Devgn-starrer “SOS”. If a reliable source is to be believed, Sanjay’s clothes and make-up have been modelled around his father’s look.
However, this wasn’t the original plan.
“When Sanjay signed on for ‘SOS’, he didn’t even know what his role was. He just did it blindly for his friend Ajay Devgn, who’s producing the film. No particular look or get-up was planned for Sanjay initially. But then ‘Agneepath’ came.”
“In the film, the special look went a long way in making Sanjay’s character a success. That’s when Ajay suggested a special get-up for his pal Sanjay to director Ashwin Dheer,” said a source.
While various looks were being discussed, Sanjay suggested his father’s “Mujhe Jeene Do” look, which had fascinated him since he was a child.
Dheer says the “Mujhe Jeene Do” look went a long way in giving character and personality to Sanjay Dutt’s part in “SOS”.
“Mr.Dutt plays Sonakshi Sinha’s over-possessive brother. Yes, his look and character bear a definite resemblance to Sunil Dutt sahab in ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’. In fact, we put Sanjay on a horse after a very long time. It’s uncanny how much he resembles his father in ‘SOS’. When I pointed it out to Mr.Sanjay Dutt, he got very emotional,” said the director.
This is not the first time that Sanjay has donned his dad’s on-screen dacoit avatar. In 1990, Sanjay did “Jeene Do”, which was a straight homage to his “Mujhe Jeene Do”.
Sanjay later felt that at that time he was too young to carry it off.
“Now is the time when Mr.Sanjay Dutt is discovering the wonder that his father was, and so he is able to convey his deep admiration in his performance,” said Dheer.
Sanjay has a hand-to-hand, fist-to-fist combat with Ajay during the climax of “SOS”, and he reflects his father’s personality very visibly in the scene, according to the source.
“SOS” will hit the screens Nov 13.
- Salman to shoot 'Son Of Sardar' item song by July-end - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Tezz': a slick action film with engaging thrills (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt Turns God For Ajay Devgn’s ‘Toonpur Ka Superrhero’! - Dec 13, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt to sing extra song for 'Department' - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Department', a brutal film (IANS Movie Review-Rating: ***) - May 18, 2012
- 'Rascals' -an unfunny comedy (IANS Movie Review - Rating: *1/2) - Oct 06, 2011
- I wish I could do Chulbul Pandey: Sanjay Dutt - May 07, 2012
- 'Department' first look revealed - Apr 05, 2012
- We have issues with Kangana: producer - Sep 14, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt cuts down holiday for 'Bigg Boss 5' - Dec 27, 2011
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- Anil Kapoor Turns Villain, Goes Bald For 'Power' - Nov 25, 2010
- Santoshi to have a meeting to bail 'Power' out - Feb 09, 2011
- Powerful Stars Comes Together For Muhurat Of Power! - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Son of Sardaar' doesn't hurt anybody's sentiments: Ajay - Aug 30, 2012