Sangeeth Sivan hits the ‘plog world’June 13th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Filmmaker Sangeeth Sivan has found a new love - it’s plogging. For the uninitiated, a plog or photo-blog, is a personal space where one posts pictures to share their views with people across the globe, and Sangeeth Sivan, the man who has directed some cool comedies like Kya Kool Hain Hum, Apna Sapna Money Money and Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne, is all upbeat about his new found passion.
Interestingly, Sivan’s plog will present series of outdoor and high-end glamour shots of celebrities, nature and a special series titled “Mumbai through my car window’.
“Though the art of photography is in my blood, I have developed a fascination for still photography of late. Going by the tremendous response on the photographs I posted on a couple of networking sites. Now I am ready with my plog,” says Sangeeth Sivan, who has inherited the art from his father who still runs a studio in Trivandrum and his brother, Santosh Sivan, India’s renowned cinematographer.
So has the director turned into a photographer now? “Film direction is also a visual media where you have to be cautious about the frame, lighting, composition, exposure etc. I can do both camera and direction for my films but I find it cumbersome to do both. I like to focus at one task at a time. Still photography is a hobby and a passion and I make sure I keep one day a week, usually Sundays, to capture scenes that interest me.”
Sivan started his career as a documentary filmmaker and shot advertisements before finally moving to films.
Apart from landscapes and outdoor shots, Sivan’s portfolio includes candid shots of Nana Patekar and Shreyas Talpade. He is looking forward to shoot Dharmendra, Bobby Deol, Hema Malini and Esha Deol.
“I am overwhelmed with the response on the pictures I have taken till date. And people’s appreciation and comments have given me the confidence to start a plog to showcase my work,” adds Sivan who is also set to turn a producer soon. -Sampurn Media
- Esha Deol to get engaged to businessman beau - Feb 10, 2012
- Yet to decide Esha's wedding date: Hema Malini - Mar 27, 2012
- Rakhi Sawant says Katrina follows her dance moves - Dec 19, 2011
- Leading ladies of 'Kya Kool...' sequel finalised - Oct 06, 2011
- Children should stay away from 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Jun 27, 2012
- No films for friends in Bollywood: Zayed Khan - Sep 27, 2011
- "Subhash Ghai Who Has Not Given Any Assistant Of His A Break As A Director In The Last 35 Years Of His Career Chose Me To Direct A Film For His Own Banner" - Aug 28, 2010
- A big 'Dirty' success, Bollywood wishes Tusshar on birthday - Nov 20, 2011
- Bobby Deol to star in two Sangeeth Sivan films - Feb 21, 2010
- 'Click' to unravel the past in photographs (IANS Preview) - Feb 15, 2010
- Ekta to visit Fatehpur Sikri, pray for 'Kya Super...' success - Jun 30, 2012
- Court stays national award for Malayalam film 'Kesu' - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Aalaap' director not scared of 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Jul 24, 2012
- Sanjeev Sivan's next on couple's fight for dead son's semen - Jul 06, 2012
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
Tags: art of photography, bobby deol, candid shots, car window, chura liyaa hai tumne, dharmendra, documentary filmmaker, esha deol, film direction, glamour shots, hema malini, kya kool, money money, nana patekar, outdoor shots, Shreyas Talpade, sivan, still photography, trivandrum, world filmmaker