Sandwich that got eaten up in its run to world record!October 18th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 18 (ANI): After two days of labour, owners of a Tehran food festival succeeded in making the world’’s longest sandwichalmostfor the crowd attacked the food item within minutes of its creation before giving anyone a chance to measure it.
Over 1,000 volunteers worked for an entire day to make the 1,500-metre sandwich, using a whole tonne of ostrich meat and hundreds of loaves.
In fact, the organisers even wished for a place in the Guinness Book of World Records by beating the previous mark of 1,378 metres set in Italy in May.
However, the Guinness Book plans were soured, as thousands of waiting spectators couldnt control their appetite and attacked on the sandwich on show at Tehran’’s Mellat park.
In fact, the sandwich made its way to peoples stomach much before any of the three Guinness representatives present had the chance to confirm its length.
However, a festival organiser claimed that the video footage and photographs of the sandwich would be sent to Guinness officials to show that it had measured up.
We still think the sandwich will be recorded in the Guinness book because of all the evidence and footage that we will send them, Times Online quoted Parvin Shariati as saying. (ANI)
- Lebanon claims record for world's biggest wine glass - Oct 31, 2010
- China's handprint scroll sets new world record - Jul 16, 2010
- 3.1 km long tricolour displayed in Andhra - Jan 26, 2012
- Surat's giant 'Garden clock' turns a major draw - May 05, 2010
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- Laura Hadland Creates Giant Toast Mosaic of Mother-in-Law - Oct 21, 2010
- Butcher breaks world record for cutting longest ham slice - Oct 30, 2009
- Art of Living brings Indian culture carnival to Berlin (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- World's Largest Wine Glass Unveiled in Lebanon - Nov 03, 2010
- Festival in Berlin to mark Art of Living's 30 years - Jun 30, 2011
- World's fattest mum eats 30,000-calorie Christmas feast in single sitting - Dec 27, 2010
- Rabindra dance marathon lands her in Guinness book - Apr 26, 2012
- Michelle Obama to help break Guinness record for 'jumping jacks' - Oct 07, 2011
- In paying tribute to Hazarika, guitarists create record - Jun 04, 2012
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: appetite, book of world records, crowd, food festival, guinness book of world, guinness book of world records, italy, labour, mellat, organisers, photographs, sandwich, shariati, spectators, stomach, tehran, tonne, video footage, volunteers, world record