Sandra Bullock shoots sans make-upJanuary 6th, 2012 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 6 (IANS) Actress Sandra Bullock was forced to shoot scenes in upcoming movie “Gravity” without wearing make-up after director Alfonso Cuaron banned cosmetics on the set.
The 47-year-old stars alongside George Clooney in the upcoming sci-fi thriller about astronauts in a damaged space station. Cuaron wanted the shoot to be real and to maintain the authenticity of the movie, he banned his stars from wearing any cosmetics.
“God help us all when my face comes rushing at you with no make-up on. I’m going to apologise now, but Alfonso, in a brilliant move, said, ‘No make-up’,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Bullock as saying.
“Our vain little heads are going to be some massive 17-foot image. You are going to see details because it’s shot on this digital film that shows everything. It’s so scary. There are scenes where you say, ‘This is where you have to let go…’ And, thank God, there are no nude scenes,” she added.
- Bullock to replace Portman in 'Gravity'? - Oct 08, 2010
- George Clooney replaces Robert Downey, Jr. in 'Gravity' - Dec 18, 2010
- Clooney to play astronaut in 'Gravity' - Dec 17, 2010
- Sandra Bullock And George Clooney Ready For The Outer Space Odyssey For Gravity - Dec 17, 2010
- Johansson replaces Jolie in sci-fi film? - Jul 24, 2010
- Sandra Bullock and Proposal director - Anne Fletcher team up again - Oct 21, 2010
- Noomi Rapace refuses to look sexy - May 14, 2012
- Avatar would have been 'terrible' if it was live-action, says James Cameron - Aug 11, 2010
- Downey Jr. may quit 'Gravity' - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Lahore' director to start sci-fi film next year - Sep 01, 2012
- Justin Timberlake hurts his leg on film set - Dec 04, 2010
- Bollywood packs its best punch with raw action - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Avatar' left Zoe Saldana exhausted - Aug 10, 2011
- Perry accused of copying Gaga - Apr 02, 2011
- Rachel Weisz to replace Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'? - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: actress sandra bullock, alfonso cuaron, astronauts, authenticity, brilliant move, cosmetics, digital film, director alfonso cuaron, foot image, george clooney, god, gravity, london jan, sandra bullock, sci fi thriller, space station