Sandra Bullock locked in battle over Gulf spill PSA videoJuly 31st, 2010 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): Sandra Bullock’s representative has asked for her part in a public service announcement video on Gulf spill to be edited, till it is confirmed that the clip has not been influenced by a coalition of oil companies.
It turns out that the PSA ‘Be the One’ produced by a Louisiana-based group, has been sponsored by America’s Wetland Foundation, a group allegedly connected to oil companies including BP, Shell and American Petroleum.
Bullock had signed up to appear in the clip to promote a petition asking U.S. politicians to put together a fully funded restoration plan to help the beleaguered Gulf Coast.
The Daily Express reports that, till the truth comes out, her part in the video be removed, according to NOLA.com.
“Ms. Bullock was originally contacted through her attorney to be a part of the PSA in order to promote awareness of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico,” The Daily Express quoted Bullock’s spokeswoman Cheryl Maisel, as saying in a statement.
“At no time was she made aware that any organization, oil company or otherwise had influence over Women of the Storm or its message.
“(Bullock will continue to) pursue opportunities that will bring awareness and support to the plight of the Gulf region,” she added. (ANI)
- Sandra Bullock Has Doubts About The Intentions Of The Gulf Restoration Video - Aug 01, 2010
- Sandra Bullock Quits From Gulf Restoration Video - Aug 01, 2010
- Sandra Bullock urges fans to help in Gulf oil spill - Jul 21, 2010
- Over 150,000 without power in Bobby Jindal's Louisiana - Sep 03, 2012
- Oil Is Still Spilling In The Gulf Of Mexico, BP Says It Collects 5000 Barrels Everyday - May 21, 2010
- US judge lifts oil drilling moratorium - Jun 23, 2010
- Sandra Bullock's publicist denies divorce lawyer reports - Mar 24, 2010
- US to lease out Gulf of Mexico chunk for oil drilling - Jan 27, 2012
- Mississippi river could fight Gulf oil spill - Jun 18, 2010
- BP Plans To Cap Leaking Oil Well Permanently - May 18, 2010
- Baldwin loses case against Costner - Jun 18, 2012
- US government appeals court defeat on drilling moratorium - Jun 24, 2010
- Sandra Bullock to start new life in New Orleans with adopted son - May 01, 2010
- BP oil disaster threatens goods and services worth far more than BP's value - Study - Jun 10, 2010
- Sandra Bullock will not battle for custody of Jesse James' kids - Apr 28, 2010
Tags: american petroleum, bp, cheryl maisel, gulf coast, gulf of mexico, louisiana, nola, oil companies, oil company, oil spill, petition, plight, politicians, psa, public service announcement, restoration plan, sandra bullock, shell, spokeswoman, wetland