‘Sandlot’ child star’s preliminary hearing set for 26th JuneJune 7th, 2009 - 8:27 pm ICT by GD
Marty York, the actor who played smart tongued ‘Yeah Yeah’ in the 1993 movie ‘Sandlot’ pleaded not guilty to a felony on domestic battery in a courtroom, in Los Angeles.
Back in April, Marty York had been arrested for battering his girlfriend when an argument with her took a violent turn. The couple were then driving in Los Angeles, when the two got into a heated argument following which his girlfriend hit him with her high heel shoes, in return to which Marty punched her in her eyes causing a cut and the blackening of the eyes.
After arriving home also the argument continued during which words were exchanged loudly enough for the neighbors to hears. And one of the neighbors seeing the cut on the girl’s eyes called in the cops. The L.A. County Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the scene just after 2:00 in the morning and after observing the physical injuries to the woman, they arrested Marty on charges of felony corporal injury. Mart was then booked and released on bail.
But following the arrest of Marty, later in the month of May, Marty’s girlfriend had told the authorities that she had forgiven Marty for the Easter Sunday beating.
She had replied, “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t”, when asked whether she had forgiven the former child star of ‘Sandlot’.
But now that the matter rests with the Los Angeles court, forgiveness coming from the victim will not make amends, it has to be seen whether the judge will be forgiving Marty.
- Nicolas Cage's son arrested - Jul 06, 2011
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Michael Lohan arrested for domestic violence - Mar 23, 2011
- Mel Gibson may face criminal charges - Jan 19, 2011
- Lindsay appears in court again - Apr 23, 2011
- Wal-Mart Remains Open On Easter Sunday, Kids Participate In Easter Wal-Mart Egg Hunt - Apr 04, 2010
- Sheen forced to surrender kids' custody - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Cinema all about human experiences' (With Images) - May 25, 2012
- Estella Warren won't be charged for felony escape - May 30, 2011
- Dog the bounty hunter's daughter charged with harassment - Apr 08, 2011
- Intruder arrested at Paris Hilton's home - Oct 13, 2010
- Gabriel Aubry to take anger management classes - Jan 29, 2012
- Mel Gibson Likely To Face Charges By Los Angeles District Attorney - Jan 20, 2011
- Pastor Joel Osteen feels that being gay is a sin - Jan 11, 2012
- Brandon Davis arrested for possession of drugs - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: authorities, child star, cops, corporal injury, courtroom, deputies, domestic battery, easter sunday, felony, forgiveness, girlfriend, high heel shoes, l a county sheriff, marty york, neighbors, physical injuries, preliminary hearing