Sam Worthington tipped to replace Christian Bale as BatmanMarch 9th, 2009 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 9 (ANI): Aussie actor Sam Worthington is tipped to replace Christian Bale as Batman in the third instalment of the caped crusaders franchise.
The 32-year-old star is likely to make his mark in the US with the May release of James Cameron’’s Terminator Salvation, and again in December with release of Avatar.
Cameron calls Worthington a breakout star of both films, reports News.com.au.
Rumours are abuzz that the rising Australian star could score the part of Batman in the third instalment of the successful prequel franchise.
He might replace current Batman star Bale, who also happens to be his Terminator co-star, and whose profile was damaged after his infamous “me, me, me” meltdown on the Terminator set, which recently hit the Internet. (ANI)
- Sam Worthington keen to be in 'Commando' - Aug 19, 2010
- 'Avatar's sequel will be monumental: Worthington - Oct 05, 2011
- Worthington keen to star in 'Commmando' reboot - Aug 18, 2010
- Worthington planning Hollywood break - Aug 13, 2011
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- Sam Worthington Nominated As 'Most Powerful Celebrity In Hollywood' - Oct 11, 2010
- Cameron planning 'Avatar' prequel - Sep 10, 2012
- Bale sanitises hands after fan interaction - Jul 21, 2012
- Sam Worthington tipped to play new Bond - Feb 15, 2010
- Sam Worthington to portray Allan Quartermain - May 14, 2010
- Sam Worthington is Hollywood's most powerful celebrity - Oct 09, 2010
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- Tom Hardy bulking up for 'Batman' role - Feb 23, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- I was living in my car before Avatar -Sam Worthington
- Dec 24, 2009