Sam Worthington lands Arnies role in new Terminator flickFebruary 15th, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne , Feb 15 (ANI): Australian actor Sam Worthington will soon be practising the phrase “Hasta la vista, baby” as he will be stepping into the shoes of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the new Terminator movie.
Worthington has grabbed the legendary role in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins after his big break as Titanic director James Cameron’s leading man in the multi-million-dollar science fiction epic Avatar.
Not only will the 31-year-old get a spectacular launch into showbiz, the Terminator role will further strengthen his star-power in Hollywood .
To top it all, the thrice Oscar winner director, Cameron is doing word-of-mouth publicity for the Aussie actor, citing him to be the next Russell Crowe.
“He’s got the weight, he’s a tough guy - a young Russell Crowe,” The Daily Telegraph quoted Cameron, as saying.
And, it was reportedly Cameron himself who proposed the NIDA graduate for the fourth Terminator movie, to be directed by Joseph McGinty Nicol (aka McG).
Though the Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins storyline has not been revealed yet, Worthington will be playing the role of Marcus, a central figure in the three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust.
The other person to join the Rogue star in the film will be Batman Begins and The Prestige star Christian Bale playing John Connor, who struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job. (ANI)
- Worthington planning Hollywood break - Aug 13, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- Russell Crowe to play Dracula? - Jul 13, 2012
- Worthington keen to star in 'Commmando' reboot - Aug 18, 2010
- Fifth sequel to 'Terminator' in the pipeline - Apr 04, 2009
- 'Terminator Salvation' an edge-of-seat watch (IANS Review - Rating ***) - Jun 26, 2009
- Linda Hamilton disappointed with 'Terminator Salvation' - Feb 05, 2010
- 'Terminator Salvation' plot revealed - Dec 14, 2008
- Christian Bale forced writers to re-do 'Terminator Salvation' script - May 12, 2009
- Bale squeezed writers for lead role in 'Terminator Salvation' - May 12, 2009
- I never dreamt of becoming an actor: Sam Worthington - Nov 18, 2009
- 'Terminator Salvation' to hit Indian screens in four languages - Jun 10, 2009
- Worthington felt like an infant opposite Neeson in new film - Apr 02, 2010
- Christian Bale to star in three more Terminator flicks - May 22, 2008
- Sam Worthington favourite to play Phantom - Dec 19, 2008
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, australian actor, batman begins, christian bale, daily telegraph, director cameron, director james cameron, james cameron, john connor, launch, leading man, mcginty, nuclear holocaust, oscar winner, rogue star, russell crowe, sam worthington, science fiction epic, star power, tough guy