Sam Shepard charged for DUIFebruary 12th, 2009 - 11:25 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Sam Shepard, the 65 year old actor-playwright has pleaded guilty to speeding and drunken driving charges in central Illinois. On Wednesday, at Shepards hearing, he apologised to Judge Casey Costigan and said he never intends to drive under the influence again.
He was fined US$600 and court costs and has been placed on 24 months supervision. Also Shepard has to finish an alcohol treatment programme and perform 100 hours of community service.
Shepard, who won the 1979 Pulitzer Prize for drama for ‘Buried Child,’ was arrested Jan 3 after officers stopped him for driving 16 mph over the speed limit. Police said a breath test indicated Shepard’s blood-alcohol level was double the legal limit.
The 65-year-old Shepard says he often stops in the area when travelling from his Kentucky home to visit relatives in Minnesota.
- Michael Johnson Charged With Fourth Degree For Driving Drunk At 178 Mph - Aug 20, 2010
- NY Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards arrested for drunken driving - Sep 21, 2010
- US man calls police to report drunk driver - himself - Dec 28, 2010
- Bride-to-be arrested for drink driving on wedding day - Aug 24, 2010
- Naked student run in US to mark end of semester stopped due to health risks - Mar 17, 2011
- Vince Neil: Rocker To Go Behind Bars For 15 Days for DUI - Jan 27, 2011
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife pleads guilty to impaired driving - Jul 23, 2010
- What car? - asks drunk Australian driver - Dec 27, 2010
- 72pc of all alcohol-related deaths on NZ roads caused by 'problem drivers' - Nov 14, 2010
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie WR Mike Williams arrested for DUI - Nov 20, 2010
- Brit dad gets three-year road ban for drink-driving Barbie toy car! - Apr 20, 2010
- Pietersen won't be taking yellow Lamborghini for a Melbourne spin - Dec 23, 2010
- One alcoholic drink can triple chances of car accident - Jun 18, 2010
- 12,900 drunk Delhi drivers fined in 2011 - Sep 24, 2011
- Delhi Police beefs up security ahead of New Year celebrations - Dec 31, 2010