Sam Raimi To Direct Wyatt Earp Superhero Series “Earp: Saint For Sinners”July 25th, 2010 - 8:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “The Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi is all set to begin directing his new film “Earp: Saint For Sinners”, a film adaption of the comic of same name. The director has reportedly planned to put a new twist in his story while portraying on the old west version of the hero Wyatt Earp. Sam Raimi, Jesse Berger and David Manpearl will co-produce this big budget film for which Matt Cirulnick, the original writer of the comic series will write the script.
The director has, however, revealed the plot of the story where the protagonist Wyatt Earp will be in the futuristic Las Vegas after leaving his past behind and battling villains and fugitives. The Radical Publishing graphic novel “Earp: Saints For Sinners” was one of the best sellers in the comic world and the director hopes that his upcoming movie too will receive appreciation from its audience. A reputed media source says that in the movie the director re-imagines the hero who is best known for Gunfight at the O.K. Corral set in future where he takes on “outlaws” in a ravaged society in Las Vegas.
A reputed media source said that Sam Raimi has stepped down from directing any future projects of Sony Pictures’ “Spider-Man” series and since then he has been open to all offers and was in talks to direct “The Wizard Of Oz” prequel and “World of Warcraft” along with “Earp: Saints for Sinners”. However, the cast has not been decided yet and the media expects that the director will announce the whole star-cast very soon. The Radical Publishers are also expected to make an official announcement for the making of the film shortly.
- Sam Raimi to make a movie on Wyatt Earp but set in the future - Jul 21, 2010
- Warner Bros' planning new franchise on 'World of Warcraft' - Jul 24, 2009
- Kirsten Dunst backs new 'Spider-Man' cast - Nov 18, 2010
- James Franco to star in 'Wizard of Oz' prequel - Feb 26, 2011
- Sam Raimi Will Direct 'Wizard Of Oz' Prequel For Disney - Oct 07, 2010
- New director announced for 'Spider-Man 4' - Jan 21, 2010
- Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi quit 'Spider-Man 4' - Jan 12, 2010
- Sony hires writer for Spider Man 5 & 6 - Aug 17, 2009
- Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi leave Spider Man 4 - Jan 12, 2010
- Obama's 'Spider-Man' quote at press conference takes Twitter by storm - Dec 23, 2010
- Marc Webb excited about directing 'Spider-Man 4' - Jan 20, 2010
- 'Spider-man 4' goes 3-D - Feb 12, 2010
- Original inquest transcript of `Gunfight at the OK Corral' found in Arizona jail storeroom - Apr 23, 2010
- Shirish Kunder praises Andrew Garfield (Movie Snippets) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sam Raimi to remake "The Evil Dead" - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: budget film, comic series, comic world, director sam raimi, film adaption, fugitives, gina gomez, graphic novel, gunfight at the o k corral, jesse berger, man series, media source, new twist, prequel, saints for sinners, sam raimi, sony pictures, spider man director, world of warcraft, wyatt earp