Salsa singer hurt in accident in ColombiaMay 1st, 2012 - 11:20 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, May 1 (IANS/EFE) Popular Puerto Rican salsa singer Andy Montanez was injured Monday in an accident in Colombia after giving a concert in the city of Valledupar, one of his representatives reported.
Montanez suffered “some minor injuries” and was admitted to a medical clinic in the town of Fundacion, his representative in Colombia, Alvaro Gomez Cuartas, told Caracol television.
The salsa singer was traveling from Valledupar to Barranquilla along with eight members of his musical group, including his son Harold Montanez, when the vehicle’s front tyre blew and the driver lost control.
The vehicle went off the road and crashed into a tree, Montanez’s representative said.
“They were rather battered with the crash, but they’re not very bad injuries,” Gomez said.
The artist was returning to Barranquilla from a concert he had given in Valledupar while on a brief tour of Colombia.
- Spanish couple wins Puerto Rico Salsa Congress - Aug 01, 2011
- `Future of salsa is in Central and South America' - Jul 06, 2011
- Man gets 24 years for Colombian journalist's killing - Feb 07, 2012
- Soccer player slain in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Colombian musician Jairo Varela laid to rest - Aug 14, 2012
- Reggaeton duo film documentary in Cuba - Jan 31, 2012
- Venezuelan rockers are back with new album - Aug 30, 2011
- Thieves slide out ATM on watermelon rinds! - Jan 11, 2012
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Colombian caught trying to board plane with grenade - Aug 22, 2012
- Top Colombian salsa band eyes Bollywood - Jul 31, 2010
- Ricky Martin expresses solidarity with flood victims - Oct 18, 2011
- Ruben Blades, Cheo Feliciano release salsa CD - May 31, 2012
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012