Salman’s soft spot for Katrina (Movie Snippets)August 3rd, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Salman Khan continues to have a soft spot for his former lady love Katrina Kaif - a fact quite evident during a recent appearance on dance reality show “Dance India Dance L’il Masters”.
The two actors visited the sets of Zee TV show to promote their upcoming film “Ek Tha Tiger”.
Sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly, Salman ended up revealing his fondness for Katrina, albeit in a humorous way.
When asked by host Jay Bhanushali if he would consent to shaking a leg with the young mothers of all the child participants, Salman said: “Oh sure, I have absolutely no qualms about dancing with the mommies… as long as we don’t find out later that there are daddies in the audience eager to shake a leg with Katrina!”
Katrina was seen blushing hearing that, said a source.
Later, when the young and talented skippers of the show - Raghav, Prince and Neerav - revealed that they had put together a romantic dance act to express their feelings for Katrina, he gave the trio a menacing look and said: “I’ll deal with you guys later!”
The episode featuring the former lovers will be aired Sunday.
Known actors connect well with audience: Dibakar
Critically acclaimed director Dibakar Banerjee, who has made movies like “Khosla Ka Ghosla”, “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” and “Shanghai”, says he tries to cast known actors with good acting abilities.
“You can’t take an extremely popular star, who is probably not a good actor and cast him in my film because it will be a mismatch,” Banerjee said.
He is known for bringing popular actors out of their comfort zones to play different roles - just as he cast the Punjabi Abhay Deol as a Tamilian IAS officer in “Shanghai”.
“Whenever I think of casting people, it is a natural mix of star power and abilities. Ultimately it’s the business of using icons to tell something new. So even I need icons for people to connect with my story like any other storyteller,” Banerjee said.
The 43-year-old is currently working on two scripts, and one of them is a detective thriller.
Ranveer to look different in ‘Lootera’: Arif Zakaria
Actor Arif Zakaria, who plays Ranveer Singh’s mentor in “Lootera”, says the movie will prove to be a game changer for the “Band Baaja Baaraat” actor.
“Ranveer is experimenting with this role. I think Viramaditya Motwane is presenting him differently. It’s a big change from his commercial image,” said Arif.
Directed and co-produced by Motwane, “Lootera” features Ranveer opposite Sonakshi Sinha.
In “Band Baaja Baaraat”, Ranveer played a chilled out boy, who ends up in the business of wedding planning accidentally. In his second film “Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl”, he played a conman.
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- I was born to entertain: Ranveer Singh - Dec 12, 2011
- My enthusiasm was misrepresented: Ranveer Singh - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl' script demanded Anushka, Ranveer: Director - Apr 06, 2011
- Ranveer to woo Sonakshi with Dev Anand's songs - Dec 15, 2011
- "Lootera" shoot finished, Ranveer satisfied - Aug 24, 2012
- First look of 'Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl' out - Oct 23, 2011
- For 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl', Ranveer-Anushka in sync - Nov 23, 2011
- Small-budget 'Udaan' sweeps Filmfare Awards - Jan 30, 2011
- "My Shanghai Is Not Going To Be Shot In China." -- Dibakar Banerjee Speaks For The First Time On His New Film. - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Lootera' shaping up as memorable film: Ranveer (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Ranveer, Anushka in Goa shooting for 'Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl' - May 16, 2011
- 17th Star Screen Awards 2011 Is Back Again - Jan 07, 2011
- Motwane's next: Rs.50 crore heist caper set in the 1950s - Nov 12, 2011
- Sonakshi, Ranveer dying to work together - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, banerjee, daddies, dance act, fondness, hellip, katrina kaif, mismatch, New Delhi, qualms, reality show, romantic dance, salman khan, show dance, skippers, snippets, soft spot, star power, storyteller, upcoming film