Salman voted Bollywood’s perfect father figure!June 17th, 2011 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) So what if Bollywood star Salman Khan is single? He has been voted the ‘perfect father figure’ in a survey by online matrimony portal Shaadi.com, ahead of Father’s Day Sunday.
The Indian youth were asked who they feel would make an ideal Indian celebrity father, and 39 percent of the respondents chose Salman - perhaps thanks to his large-heartedness and compassionate nature.
“The poll reflects the mindset of today’s youth. Although times are changing, qualities like generosity and masculinity are still admired as ‘fatherly’ traits amongst Indians,” Gourav Rakshit, business head, Shaadi.com, said in a press statement.
The survey clearly reveals that India wants to see the “dabangg” Salman “ready” to take on a new role in real life and settle down with a family.
For the ‘perfect father figure’ title, Salman won over charismatic Congressman Rahul Gandhi, who received a close 31 percent votes.
Other contenders in the survey were actor Ranbir Kapoor and cricketers Yuvraj Singh and Virat Kohli. However, they received merely 12.5, 9.2 and 7.4 percent votes, respectively, indicating that they are still considered as eligible bachelors, and not yet ready to take on fatherhood.
The poll received responses from over 9820 Shaadi.com members across India.
- Katrina voted best Indian celebrity match for Prince William - Apr 28, 2011
- Big B, Rajnikant voted most admired celebrity fathers by youth - Jun 18, 2010
- Kajol favourite Bollywood daughter-in-law, says poll - Mar 06, 2010
- John, Katrina voted most eligible single celebrities - Jul 03, 2009
- Rahul Gandhi, Esha Deol most eligible bachelors - Jan 12, 2011
- Prospective groom sounds too perfect? Hire a detective - Mar 18, 2010
- Love all: Indians game for cross-border spouses - Apr 23, 2010
- Marriage trends among young are changing: Shaadi.com founder - Feb 24, 2011
- Slowdown hits NRI groom market, demand dives by 20 percent - Apr 06, 2009
- Twinkling, bejewelled Indian wedding cards - got one yet? (With Images) - Jan 17, 2012
- Anushka, John have best bikini body in India: Poll - Jul 27, 2012
- Matrimony, love breathe life into sounds of silence - May 02, 2010
- Fighting once a week? It's good for marriage - Jan 11, 2012
- Katrina, Ranbir most wanted celebs for Valentine's Day date: Poll - Feb 08, 2011
- Divorced Indian men prefer single women when marrying again - May 03, 2011
Tags: bollywood star, business head, compassionate nature, congressman, contenders, cricketers, eligible bachelors, father figure, generosity, indian celebrity, kohli, masculinity, matrimony, mindset, rahul gandhi, respondents, salman khan, shaadi com, star salman khan, yuvraj singh