Salman upset at missing dad’s birthdayNovember 25th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Nov 25 (IANS) Salman Khan is upset because he couldn’t attend his father’s 64th birthday celebration. The star was busy shooting for his home production “Dabangg” at Wai in Satara district of Maharashtra.
“The whole family makes it a point to be together by hook or crook for our parents’ birthdays. Anyway dad believes work comes first. But Salman and Arbaaz are very unhappy about the situation,” Sohail, who was the only one to attend the bash, told IANS.
Salim Khan turned 64 Tuesday and the Khan family planned a grand celebration, but Salman and Arbaaz couldn’t return to Mumbai even for a few hours.
“I guess I got lucky. I got dad all to myself on his birthday. Much as Salman and Arbaaz would’ve liked to be with dad there was no way they could leave the shooting in Wai and return on Tuesday for dad’s birthday without disrupting the schedule. We were just three days into the shoot and it couldn’t be stopped,” he said.
“Dabangg” is Arbaaz’s first film as producer and it is also the launch vehicle of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter Sonakshi. Anurag Kashyap’s brother Abhinav is directing it.
Salman is giving his best to the film - he has not only blocked bulk dates for “Dabangg” but also learnt Bhojpuri to play a corrupt cop from Uttar Pradesh.
The family is getting ready for the release of “Veer” Jan 26 next year.
“That’s a big project for us. We’ve worked really hard on it. After ‘Dabangg’ we want to start ‘Partner 2′. Everyone keeps telling us ’sequels ka zamana hai’. Look how well the sequels to ‘Golmaal’ have done. But until we’re sure that the script will take us beyond the first ‘Partner’, we can’t go ahead.”
So the entire “Partner” team is working on the sequel’s storyline.
“All of us, Salman, Govinda, David Dhawan and I, have been told to work on an idea. We’ll go ahead with ‘Partner 2′ the minute one of us cracks the screenplay. Right now ‘Partner’ is hot, and Salman bhai is hotter,” said Sohail.
- Salman Skips Dad's Birthday For The First Time - Nov 25, 2009
- It's true, I will direct 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Mar 03, 2011
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- Salman's RSVP to David Dhawan from Cuba - Feb 11, 2012
- Salim Khan turns script doctor for 'Sher Khan' - Jun 17, 2012
- Sonu Sood back in 'Dabangg 2'? - Jan 07, 2012
- Filmmakers queue for Salman, but Sohail gets priority - Jun 09, 2012
- Why didn't Sohail go for Salman's surgery? - Sep 03, 2011
- Sohail not in 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Jul 15, 2011
- Katrina invited to watch Salman's film - Sep 07, 2010
- First draft of 'Dabangg 2' ready: Arbaaz Khan - Sep 23, 2011
- 'Lootera' shaping up as memorable film: Ranveer (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Abhinav Kashyap Will Not Direct Dabangg Sequel - Nov 11, 2010
- Why is Sonu not in 'Dabangg 2'? - Oct 26, 2011
- Who will make 'Dabangg 2' if not me, asks Abhinav Kashyap - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: abhinav, anurag kashyap, bhai, bhojpuri, birthday celebration, corrupt cop, david dhawan, govinda, grand celebration, khan family, launch vehicle, partner team, salim khan, salman khan, sequels, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, sohail, subhash k jha, uttar pradesh