Salman, SRK war of words continuesApril 2nd, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan don’t seem to be ready to bury the hatchet yet, to go by their comments at two different events Monday.
Business tycoon Mukesh Ambani and his wife Neeta organised a gala event last week to honour Sachin for scoring his 100th ton and invited several Bollywood stars, cricketers and politicians.
From Aamir Khan to Salman to Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai - all big names from the film industry were present, but SRK was conspicuous by his absence.
At the party, praising Sachin, Salman took said: “I hope record ye toot jaye…koi na koi isse tod de…main Aamir ka record bahut der se todney ki koshish kar raha hoon…toot hi nahin raha hai…
“Sachin ke record todna mushkil hi nahin namumkin hai…aur ye Don nahin main bol raha hoon. Aur bol bhi sakta hoon kyonki mera father (Salim Khan) ne likhi hai ye picture. Rights toh unhi ke paas ahin. Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan) ne ki thi ye picture.”
Reacting to this, Shah Rukh told reporters Monday: “I get numb by the kind of stories I keep hearing about myself. I try not to take them seriously or comment about them.”
SRK was speaking at the unveiling of customer campaign for season five of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Asked about this, Salman explained that his father wrote that line for Amitabh Bachchan and that he has every right to use it.
“Yes, I made the right comments. My father did not take any objection on that,” he told reporters Monday while announcing his association with yatra.com.
- I don't have to shout my allegiance: Amitabh Bachchan - Apr 08, 2011
- Now 'Indian Muzahiddin' email claims Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- Pakistani fans remember `babumoshai' Rajesh Khanna - Jul 19, 2012
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Salman Khan is latest actor to join Twitter - Apr 13, 2010
- Asha Bhosle enters Guinness World Records - Oct 21, 2011
- Beware of conman, Lata warns against fake secretary - Jan 25, 2011
- Popular Hindi songs, now titles of TV shows - Jan 04, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna's evergreen songs - Jul 18, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
- Kudos to Sachin's hundred 100s: B-Town - Mar 16, 2012
- PM quotes Iqbal in Rajya Sabha - Mar 21, 2012
- Go 'talli', go 'tunn' on Bollywood tunes - Jan 03, 2012
- 'Delhi Belly' adult tag Aamir's publicity gimmick: Mahesh Bhatt - Jun 28, 2011
- Other countries now aping KBC's innovative concepts: Amitabh - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, abhishek bachchan, ahin, aishwarya rai, ambani, amitabh bachchan, aur, bollywood stars, business tycoon, cricketers, film industry, gala event, hatchet, ipl, paas, sachin, salim khan, salman khan, shah rukh khan, war of words