Salman Skips Dad’s Birthday For The First TimeNovember 25th, 2009 - 2:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
At the moment Salman is not happy with life at all. For the first time Salman Khan wasn’t able to attend his father’s birthday on November 24.
This year Salim Saab turned 64, and the Khan parivar had planned to make it a grand celebration, what with Wanted being a huge money-spinner for Salman. Dad’s birthday and son’s success would’ve made for a grand bash at the Khans’ residence.
Unfortunately Salman and Arbaaz are in Wai on the outskirts of Mumbai shooting for their home production Dabangg. And there was absolutely no way Salman could be allowed to return to Mumbai even for a few hours.
That left Salim Saab on his birthday with only son Sohail to keep him company.
Says Sohail, “I guess I got lucky. I got Dad all for myself on his birthday. Much as Salman and Arbaaz would’ve liked to be with Dad there was no way they could leave the shooting in Wai and return on Tuesday for Dad’s birthday without disrupting the schedule. We were just three days into the shoot and it couldn’t be stopped.”
While Salman seethed in Wai, Sohail drove back to Mumbai on Monday to bring in their father’s birthday and to convey Salman and Arbaaz’s best wishes to their father.
Says a sentimental Sohail; “The whole family makes it a point to be together by hook or crook for our parent’s birthday. Anyway, Dad believes work comes first. But Salman and Arbaaz are very unhappy about the situation.”
The family is getting ready for the release of Veer on January 26.
“That’s a big project for us,” says Sohail. “We’ve worked really hard on it. After Dabangg we want to start Partner 2. Everyone keeps telling us sequels ka zamana hai. Look how well the sequels to Golmaal have done! But until we’re sure that the script will take us beyond the first Partner we can’t go ahead.”
The entire Partner team is working on the sequel’s storyline.
“All of us, Salman, Govinda, David Dhawan and I, have been told to work on an idea. We’ll go ahead with Partner 2 the minute one of us cracks the screenplay. Right now Partner is hot, and Salman Bhai is hotter,” says Sohail proudly.
- Salman upset at missing dad's birthday - Nov 25, 2009
- Salim Khan turns script doctor for 'Sher Khan' - Jun 17, 2012
- Sonu Sood back in 'Dabangg 2'? - Jan 07, 2012
- Dileep Shukla may script 'Dabangg 2' story - Mar 10, 2011
- Filmmakers queue for Salman, but Sohail gets priority - Jun 09, 2012
- News yet to sink in: Salim Khan on award for 'Dabangg' - May 19, 2011
- Three crew members injured on 'Dabangg 2' sets (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- First draft of 'Dabangg 2' ready: Arbaaz Khan - Sep 23, 2011
- Abhinav Kashyap Will Not Direct Dabangg Sequel - Nov 11, 2010
- Arbaaz buries the hatchet with Anurag Kashyap (With Image) - Jan 09, 2012
- Three crew members injured on 'Dabangg 2' sets - Jun 23, 2012
- Sohail not in 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Jul 15, 2011
- I'm trying to create new 'Dabangg': Arbaaz - Jan 28, 2012
- 'Lootera' shaping up as memorable film: Ranveer (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012