Salman shakes a leg with spastic kidsMay 3rd, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 3 (IANS) Bollywood star Salman Khan, known for his humanitarian work, Tuesday went out of his way to entertain a group of about 30 spastic children by dancing with them, signing autographs for them and getting himself photographed with them.
The actor was at filmmaker Subhash Ghai’s film school Whistling Woods International in Goregaon, but not for any film promotion.
Clad in a formal sky blue shirt and black trousers, Salman seemed to be at peace with the children, who were from different age groups.
Salman, whose film “Ready” is set for release June 3, shared light moments with the special children as he spoke to them and hugged them.
The children were so excited to meet their favourite star that they went on to the stage and put their best foot forward to dance to the title track of Salman’s blockbuster film “Dabangg”. They pestered the actor to come and join them on stage, and Salman happily obliged.
Though he didn’t dance much, he agreed to get a group photograph clicked with the children and even got himself clicked individually with some of them.
Salman, who runs an NGO, Being Human for the needy, succeeded at making the day extremely special for the children.
- Spirit must not die, show must go on: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - May 11, 2012
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
- Ghai suffers setback over land allocation - Apr 04, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Land return: Subhash Ghai to appeal in Supreme Court - Feb 09, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- I've a special connect with police: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 18, 2010
- My Favourites: Bollywood’s Filmmakers Pick Their 3 Favourite Films Of 2010 - Dec 31, 2010
- Good versus evil back with a bang on silver screen - Sep 08, 2011
- Corporates changed moviemaking in India: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - Jun 07, 2011
- Court asks Subhash Ghai to return land given for film institute - Feb 09, 2012
- IIFA Awards: Bollywood stars cast spell on Toronto - Jun 23, 2011
- Filmmakers queue for Salman, but Sohail gets priority - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: age groups, autographs, best foot, blockbuster film, bollywood star, film promotion, film school, goregaon, group photograph, humanitarian work, june 3, ngo, peace, salman khan, sky, spastic children, star salman khan, Subhash Ghai, trousers, whistling woods international