Salman roars in ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, teaser gets roaring responseMay 11th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 11 (IANS) Salman Khan jumps, punches and kicks like never before in “Ek Tha Tiger”. The teaser of Kabir Khan’s film has just been released and it has received a positive response from the film fraternity as well as the fans.
The teaser went online Thursday and it has also been released with the film “Ishaqzaade” Friday. Anurag Kashyap describes it as “intriguing”, while Preity Zinta says Salman “rocks” in it.
The trailer suggests the Yash Raj Films (YRF) production is about intelligence agencies of India and Pakistan, and narrates the story of an agent named Tiger, essayed by Salman.
The trailer is purely action based, and hints at the core idea of the film. However, the romance bit of the film is not shown in the teaser as there is not a single footage of Salman with his co-star Katrina Kaif in it.
Nevertheless, it has hit the right chords with industry members, critics and trade analysts, who have lauded the teaser, which has Salman firing guns, jumping from quite a height, fighting ruthlessly and ultimately, walking with an intense look on his face.
Kashyap tweeted: “‘Ek Tha Tiger’ trailer is super awesome… very slick and very intriguing… super curious now… and envious… jaldi dikhao (show it quick) sir.”
Preity wrote: “Saw the trailer of EK THA TIGER n Omg! Salman Rocksss!!!”
Filmmaker Goldie Behl was also all praise for the teaser, which jammed the YouTube view meter within three minutes of its launch and caused the YRF server to be in danger of crashing, according to Khan.
“‘Ek Tha Tiger’ teaser is awesome! Very rarely do we see commerce and art woven so seamlessly together kabirkhankk has rocked it,” tweeted Behl.
Film critic Anupama Chopra, a Shah Rukh Khan loyalist is in awe of Salman after watching the trailer.
“Loved the trailer of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’. Think I am finally ready to convert to the cult of Salman,” Chopra said in her feedback, while film critic Taran Adarsh wrote: “‘Ek Tha Tiger’: It’s the Baap of all promos. AWESOME. This one will shatter every record in sight. Await the new hurricane by.”
Khan, who has earlier directed “Kabul Express” and “New York”, is happy with the response.
“Thank you for the overwhelming response to ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ teaser,” he tweeted.
The film, which will also see Katrina indulging in some daredevilry, is slated for an Eid release this year.
- 'Ek Tha...' trailer to come out on June 29 (Movie Snippets) - Jun 17, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' to release Aug 15 (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- Expect fireworks at Bollywood box office this Diwali - Sep 02, 2012
- Salman perturbed over marriage-related queries - Jul 12, 2012
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- I'm honoured to be working with Yash-ji: Salman (With Images) - May 04, 2011
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' not anti-Pakistan, assures Kabir Khan - Jul 11, 2012
- Kabir Khan calls 'Ek Tha Tiger' complete package - Aug 12, 2012
- Johar recalls 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' premiere (Movie Snippets) - Oct 16, 2011
- Salman says no to small town promotional tour - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' will be super hit, predicts Aamir - Jul 12, 2012
- 'Kick' not postponed: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2011
- No Plans to screen 'Tiger' for late RAW agent's family - Jul 27, 2012
- YRF launches digital poster for 'Ek Tha Tiger' - Aug 11, 2011
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: anupama chopra, anurag kashyap, co star, core idea, film critic, firing guns, goldie behl, india and pakistan, industry members, intelligence agencies, kabir khan, katrina kaif, launch, omg, preity zinta, punches, salman khan, shah rukh khan, three minutes, yash raj films