Salman passes on lucky name Prem to Arbaaz (Film Snippets)April 22nd, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 22 (IANS) Bollywood star Salman Khan has found a new way to pass on his luck to younger brother Arbaaz Khan - by passing on his lucky screen name Prem.
The actor suggested that Arbaaz name his character Prem in his upcoming film “Prem The Game”, where he plays the lead.
“Earlier, Arbaaz’s character was called by a different name. But Salman suggested that he call his character Prem. So, Arbaaz changed his name to ‘Prem’,” said a source close to the actor.
Salman’s character in 1989 hit “Maine Pyar Kiya” was called Prem and the actor never looked back since then. He later went on to do many films with the same character name as he considered the name lucky. Some of these movies were “Hum Saath-Saath Hain”, “Biwi No.1″ and “Chal Mere Bhai”, among others.
Hrithik teams up with Ganesh Hegde again
Hrithik Roshan and ace choreographer Ganesh Hegde created magic with the dance moves in “Koi Mil Gaya” and the two have teamed up again - but this time for a TV commercial for popular biscuit brand Hide-n-Seek.
“The commercial required a radically different sound concept and what Ganesh conceived, composed and executed was brilliant,” Hrithik said in a statement.
“Working on the commercial with Ganesh was a gift from god. After three agonising years with damaged knees, managing to justify his genius choreography was extremely challenging. I’m happy to say that this one is going to be our best yet and the entire credit goes to Ganesh,” said the actor, who underwent a knee surgery last year.
The TV ad will be aired later this month.
Shyam Benegal wraps up ‘Well Done Abba’
Veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal is ready with his next venture “Well Done Abba”, a satirical comedy that stars Boman Irani in a double role.
The film that is inspired by two short stories - “Narsaiyyan Ki Bavdi” by Jeelani Bano and “Phulwa Ka Pul” by Sanjeev - is produced by Big Pictures and also stars Minissha Lamba and Sammir Dattani in pivotal roles.
The story revolves around a driver working in Mumbai who takes a month’s leave to find a husband for his teenage daughter, said a release from Big Pictures.
The film has been shot in Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- '3 Idiots' still awaits 10-year test: Boman Irani (Interview, With Images) - Mar 20, 2010
- Good looks not always important: Minissha Lamba - Mar 12, 2010
- Three movies, with a different story, make a mark - Apr 13, 2010
- Minnisha hasn't got her due in Bollywood: Shyam Benegal (Interview) - Sep 08, 2009
- My next not a sequel to 'Welcome To Sajjanpur': Benegal - Apr 30, 2012
- Remember Salman Khan's Prem connection? Right from Maine Pyar Kiya to - Apr 25, 2009
- BIG Pictures' Shyam Benegal film Abba Ka Kuan becomes Well Done Abba - Apr 21, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan to launch Ganesh Hegde's album - Aug 26, 2011
- SRK, Hrithik, Priyanka shake a leg at album launch - Aug 30, 2011
- I want to make another film with Salman: Sooraj Barjatya (Interview) - Nov 18, 2010
- Ravi Kishan signs Yash Raj's next - May 19, 2012
- Why is Sonu not in 'Dabangg 2'? - Oct 26, 2011
- Sooraj Barjatya Is Back In Business With Salman - Aug 21, 2010
- Prakash Raj main villain of 'Dabangg 2': Arbaaz - Oct 25, 2011
- First draft of 'Dabangg 2' ready: Arbaaz Khan - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: arbaaz khan, big pictures, bollywood star, boman irani, chal mere bhai, character name, gift from god, hrithik roshan, hum saath saath hain, knee surgery, lucky name, maine pyar kiya, mil gaya, minissha lamba, salman khan, sanjeev, satirical comedy, star salman khan, upcoming film, veteran filmmaker