Salman not returning any favours: PreitySeptember 7th, 2012 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 7 (IANS) Actor Salman Khan, who shakes a leg with Preity Zinta in her debut production “Ishkq In Paris”, is not returning any favours by performing the cameo, says the actress.
In 2009 Salman starrer “Main Aur Mrs Khanna”, the actress made a special appearance in a song.
“There is no hard and fast rule that just because I did a song in his film he does for me. Out of all the actors, he has been closet and most supportive friend in whatever I have done. Not just for this song but for music as well,” said Preity.
“For me, my first film as a producer has been an uphill task because you have to work hard in whatever you do. But he being there has made a huge difference to me,” she added.
Salman will be seen dancing to peppy number, “Kudiya Di Kurti”, composed by duo Sajid-Wajid. The song is part of a wedding sequence where Salman, the star, is invited for his celebrity presence.
He plays himself in the peppy track and features along with Preity, who plays the lead actress in the movie.
The 37-year-old says the song is required in the film and she is not banking on Salman’s fan club to get more footfalls.
“This song was always part of the film. It is situational and an integral part of the film. The only actor I approached for this film was Salman and he agreed. I think it is not correct to take crutches for anything in life,” she said.
Salman and Preity have been seen together in films like “Chori Chori Chupke Chupke”, “Har Dil Jo Pyar karega” and “Heroes”.
Talking about their friendship, Preity said: “Our relation goes back ten years and he has always been supportive. He is has been a friend, who has always been there irrespective of what the media or people say, he has a big heart. He is honest straight forward guy. For me he is so awesome.”
“Ishkq In Paris”, directed by Prem Raj, also features Arjun Rampal, French actress Isabelle Adjani and Gaurav Chanana.
- Kissing missing from 'Ishkq In Paris': Preity - Sep 17, 2012
- Salman rocks in 'Kudiye di kurti' with Preity (With Images) - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Barfi!' selected for Busan fest (Movie Snippets)( With Image) - Sep 02, 2012
- Parisian feel to Preity's 'Ishkq In Paris' (With Image) - Jul 05, 2012
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Can't think 'Mr.India 2' without Amrish Puri: Shekhar Kapur (Movie Snippets) - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Ishkq In Paris' important for Preity and me: Designer (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Ishkq In Paris' toughest film for Preity - Sep 12, 2012
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- Emraan is most underrated actor: Salman Khan - Sep 17, 2012
- Salman is Preity's first guest on SRK's show - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Preity Zinta is a businesswoman in her head' - Sep 14, 2012
- Bips asks fans for new DVD title (Movie Snippets) - May 14, 2012
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
- Salman Khan deposes as witness in 'Chori Chori..' case - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: arjun rampal, aur, cameo, celebrity presence, chori chori chupke chupke, crutches, debut production, dil, footfalls, french actress, gaurav chanana, har dil jo pyar karega, isabelle adjani, preity zinta, raj, sajid wajid, salman khan, supportive friend, uphill task, wedding sequence