Salman launches online petition for Sarabjit’s releaseJune 30th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 30 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has launched an online petition seeking the release of Sarabjit Singh, an Indian on death row in Pakistan.
“To people from all over the world. Thanx for your support. Sign the online petition in support of Sarabjit’s release…www.facebook.com/BeingHumanOnline,” tweeted Salman Saturday.
On Friday, in an emotional tweet the actor had appealed to the people of Pakistan to support him in efforts to free Sarabjit.
Pakistan on Thursday released Indian prisoner Surjeet Singh. Earlier, reports had said that Pakistan was to free Sarabjit Singh, but later Islamabad clarified that it was another Indian prisoner named Surjeet Singh.
“Request the awam (people) of Pakistan, members of the press, Govt of Pakistan, President (Asif Ali Zardari) Zardari, a humble request. It would be the most amazing gesture to send Sarabjit back to his family after 30 years. Hope you support me like it’s your own cause,” tweeted Salman Friday.
- Support me to help free Sarabjit, Salman urges Pakistanis - Jun 29, 2012
- Salman starts 'free Sarabjit Singh' campaign online - Jul 01, 2012
- Salman's initiative will help in Sarabjit release: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Free Sarabjit, Krishna 'requests' Pakistan - Jun 27, 2012
- Krishna assures Sarabjit's family he will take up issue - Aug 17, 2012
- Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit Singh, to be released: Pakistan - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family meets Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- Surjeet home after 30 years, says he was a spy (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- I regret the day Surjeet Singh got released: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Krishna raises Sarabjit issue with Zardari - Sep 08, 2012
- Pakistan does volte-face, says Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit, to be released (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012