Salman inspires ‘Zilla Ghaziabad’ director to name son Tiger (Movie Snippets)August 21st, 2012 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 21 (IANS) “Zilla Ghaziabad” director Anand Kumar has been blessed with a baby boy on Eid and he has named him Tiger. He says that his son’s name is inspired by the success of Salman Khan’s “Ek Tha Tiger”.
“Salman bhai is synonym of Eid. Every year he gives us such great films on this festival and this year too he took our hearts away with blockbuster film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’. When I got this very special gift on the auspicious occasion of Eid (Monday), I decided to give the name Tiger to my newborn son,” Kumar said in a statement.
Salman’s Eid releases - “Wanted” and “Dabangg” - have been blockbusters.
Kumar has earlier directed films like “Delhi Heights” and “Jugaad”. His “Zilla Ghaziabad” features Sanjay Dutt and Vivek Oberoi.
For Hema, Dharmendra is Bollywood’s ‘original’ dancer
Dharmendra has two left feet, but for his danseuse and actress wife Hema Malini, he is the ‘original’ dancer of the Hindi film industry.
The duo came together on the sets of singing reality show “Indian Idol 6″.
When Amit, a contestant, crooned Dharmendra’s evergreen song “Main jat yamla pagla deewana”, Hema went down memory lane.
She revealed that when she first saw Dharmendra while shooting for this particular song in Nasik and performing his signature “Yamla pagla” step, she fell for him.
The 63-year-old actress also said Dharmendra is the “original” dancer of Bollywood and everybody else just copies his style, said a source from the sets.
Manoj Bajpayee excited about village visit
After a family holiday in central London, actor Manoj Bajpayee wants to visit his village Belwa in Bihar along with his wife, actress Neha, and their daughter Ava Nayla.
“Now have to find time to go to my village Belwa. Missing it so much. Will be the first visit for my daughter Ava Nayla Bajpayee,” tweeted Manoj.
Manoj and Neha tied the knot in 2005, and were blessed with a daughter just last year.
- Lack of promotion killed 'Lanka': Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 15, 2011
- Dharamji's honour was long due: Hema Malini - Jan 25, 2012
- Salman roars in 'Ek Tha Tiger', teaser gets roaring response - May 11, 2012
- Manoj Bajpayee becomes a father - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' promises full on entertainment (IANS Preview) - Aug 13, 2012
- Deols set to create 'Apne' magic with 'Yamla Pagla...' (Movie Preview) - Jan 10, 2011
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- Salman to resume shooting on Sep 10 - Sep 06, 2011
- Dharmendra, sons promote 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' in Mumbai - Nov 25, 2010
- A film is no more a family outing: Dharmendra (Interview) - Jul 13, 2011
- Star kids have an edge over others: Arbaaz Khan - Jul 17, 2012
- Salman-Katrina's chemistry magical: Kabir Khan - Mar 07, 2012
- Salman pays tribute to Dara Singh, with a minute's silence - Jul 12, 2012
- The stork comes visiting B-town - Aug 04, 2011
- Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2012
Tags: auspicious occasion, bhai, blockbuster film, danseuse, daughter ava, deewana, dharmendra, great films, hema malini, hindi film industry, indian idol, jat, main jat yamla pagla, memory lane, neha, newborn son, salman khan, sanjay dutt, two left feet, vivek oberoi