Salman, Arbaaz share screen space after four years (Film Snippets)April 26th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) The Khan brothers - Salman and Arbaaz - will be teaming up after almost four years in the film “Prem Kaa Game”.
Salman, who will be seen throughout the narrative of the film, will be advising Arbaaz’s character, Prem, how to stray in marriage.
The two were earlier seen together in David Dhawan’s romantic comedy “Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya?” in 2005.
Neha Dhupia becomes a back row dancer
Actress Neha Dhupia, who has been lately associating herself with closer-to-life characters, will be essaying the role of a back row dancer in her forthcoming film “Pappu Can’t Dance Saala”.
“Neha did a thorough research on back dancers before embarking on the role. She met and interacted with them on a close level because she wanted to know the kind of lifestyle they had,” said a source close to the actress.
“Neha coloured her hair red because she noticed that all those back dancers that she had met had that colour. She also observed that most back row dancers had a habit of chewing gums while waiting for the shot on the sets. So, she adopted that style for her character too,” the source added.
In the film, Neha will be working opposite Vinay Pathak.
Subhash Ghai is like an institution in himself: Zayed Khan
Actor Zayed Khan, whose last film “Yuvvraaj” turned out to be a box office dud, says he continues to be a fan of Subhash Ghai who is like an institution in himself.
“Subhash Ghai is like an institution in himself. On a day-to-day basis, I was very comfortable with the idea of working with him. With Subhash-ji, when I used to come to the sets, he used to instantaneously remind me who I am - as in my character.”
“I guess people have their own ways of getting your performance out. Some push you against the wall to see your true colours, some people just let you go. Subhash-ji is the kind who sees the situation and handles the actor accordingly,” he added.
Zayed said it is easier for an actor to get into the skin of a character if his director is clear about what he wants to portray.
“There are a lot of directors who really need the assistance of an actor and they need the actor to come up with something good all the time. Considering that we do two to three films a year, it becomes very hard to be navigated and come back to a scene that you left off a month ago. But if a director is very clear about his characters, the actor feels liberated.”
For Zayed, Subhash Ghai, who directed him in “Yuvvraaj” is one fine example of the same.
- Subhash Ghai Signs Priyadarshan To Direct His Next Movie - Aug 18, 2010
- Neha in Karan Johar's next untitled project - Jun 15, 2012
- Filmmakers queue for Salman, but Sohail gets priority - Jun 09, 2012
- Neha Dhupia happy with 'Maximum' look - Jun 19, 2012
- Neha Dhupia: I Am Single! - Dec 10, 2010
- Subhash Ghai ropes in Priyadarshan for new project - Aug 18, 2010
- Rajat Kapoor, Neha Dhupia promote 'Phas Gaye Re Obama' in Mumbai - Oct 14, 2010
- Will Aamir launch Jackie's son? - Nov 24, 2011
- Odd couple clash in rom-com 'Pappu Can't Dance...' (IANS Preview) - Dec 13, 2011
- Rajat Kapoor and Neha Dhupia attends first screening of 'Phas Gaya Re Obama' - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Pappu Can't Dance..' Neha's best performance: Vinay - Nov 30, 2011
- Salim-Suleiman, Ismail to compose for Ghai's next - Sep 10, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Vinay, Neha to perform live at 'Pappu...' music launch - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: actress, box office dud, chewing gums, dancer, dancers, david dhawan, forthcoming film, ghai, khan brothers, last film, maine pyar kyun kiya, narrative, neha dhupia, New Delhi, romantic comedy, screen space, snippets, true colours, vinay pathak, zayed khan