Salma Hayek leads new UNICEF campaign against tetanusOctober 3rd, 2008 - 5:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 3 (ANI): Mexican/Lebanese actress Salma Hayek is leading a new UNICEF campaign, which aims at aiding young African mums fight tetanus.
Hayek, who is a charity worker and new mum, had on a recent fact-finding mission to West Africa come across teenagers who were making the effort to stay healthy.
The actress was so impressed by their efforts that she felt compelled to tell Americans what she had witnessed.
Hayek revealed, at the press conference for the Pampers” tetanus vaccine programme on September 2, that she was stunned by the efforts being made to eradicate the disease in Sierra Leone, where she also met with tetanus victims.
One of the things that was very moving about the trip was to see 15-year-old girls, really young, taking responsibility for their lives and their children before they”re born by saying, I am going to be healthy, I am going to take this vaccination, Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
I had no idea how much this was going to really personally move me, she added.
The Pampers powers at parent company Procter and Gamble who are behind the new tetanus initiative have pledged to give UNICEF the money for one tetanus vaccine for every pack of specially marked diapers the company it sells before the end of the year (08). (ANI)
- Pakistani actor Shaan asks mothers to back Pampers-UNICEF campaign - Aug 07, 2010
- Hayek bans daughter from 'Savages' set - Jun 18, 2012
- Nursing addict Salma Hayek suckled another womans sick baby - Feb 06, 2009
- Halle Berry makes Salma Hayek a witness in her custody battle - Aug 17, 2012
- Salma Hayek graces the Cannes Festival - May 12, 2011
- Halle Berry named Hollywood's hottest mum - Apr 10, 2011
- Salma Hayek Entered The US Territory Unlawfully - Dec 08, 2010
- Salma Hayek to turn Gibran's `Prophet' into animated film - Feb 24, 2012
- Gomez wants to work with DiCaprio - Sep 16, 2011
- Hayek's daughter doesn't believe in Santa Claus - Aug 13, 2010
- Diapers' Complaints To Be Examined - May 07, 2010
- Polio cases in Pakistan worry global agencies - May 15, 2011
- Pampers Recall Not Effective, But Investigations On - May 07, 2010
- Salma Hayek is the new face of tetanus vaccine program - Jan 11, 2008
- Salma Hayek dresses for billionaire hubby - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: 15 year old girls, actress salma hayek, charity worker, diapers, fact finding mission, initiative, money, pampers, parent company, procter and gamble, salma hayek, sierra leone, taking responsibility, teenagers, tetanus vaccine, unicef, vaccination, west africa