Salma Hayek is the new face of tetanus vaccine programJanuary 11th, 2008 - 4:14 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 11 (ANI): New mom Salma Hayek has a new job - spokeswoman for a program to provide tetanus shots to needy mothers and their infants in Africa and Asia.
The Mexican actress has signed on as representative of Pampers’ “One Pack = One Vaccine” program, a global initiative launched in the U.K. in 2006, in cooperation with UNICEF.
For every pack of Pampers diapers sold between April 1 and June 30, the company will donate funding to UNICEF for one maternal or neonatal tetanus vaccine.
“In our own small way, this is an opportunity for moms like me here in North America to help other mothers on a global level,” E! News quoted Hayek, as saying.
Hayek’s daughter, Valentina Paloma Pinault, was born in September. (ANI)
- Bikini-clad Salma Hayek's beach outing with daughter - Dec 30, 2010
- Pakistani actor Shaan asks mothers to back Pampers-UNICEF campaign - Aug 07, 2010
- Salma Hayek proud of Mexican roots - Aug 25, 2012
- Salma Hayek's husband has a secret love child - Jul 03, 2011
- Salma Hayek shows off her assets during night out in LA - Sep 01, 2010
- Salma is proud of being a housewife - May 23, 2011
- Salma Hayek leads new UNICEF campaign against tetanus - Oct 03, 2008
- Hayek wanted to be single parent - Apr 21, 2012
- Salma Hayek graces the Cannes Festival - May 12, 2011
- Hayek bans daughter from 'Savages' set - Jun 18, 2012
- Salma won't go under the knife - Oct 13, 2011
- Hayek takes husband's last name - May 16, 2010
- Salma Hayek dresses for billionaire hubby - Apr 03, 2012
- Family my priority now: Salma Hayek - Jun 17, 2010
- Stars join Hayek for Venice wedding - Apr 25, 2009
Tags: april 1, cooperation, e news, global initiative, global level, mexican actress, moms, needy mothers, neonatal tetanus, new face, new job, new mom, pampers diapers, pinault, salma hayek, spokeswoman, tetanus shots, tetanus vaccine, unicef, vaccine program