Salma Hayek does juice cleanses to stay fitJuly 24th, 2010 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 24 (ANI): Mexican beauty Salma Hayek has revealed her secret to having one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood.
“I’ve been doing juice cleanses for 15 years,” UsMagazine.com quoted her as saying.
And now the curvy actress has collaborated with pal and professional juicer Eric Helms to create Cooler Cleanse, a three or five-day juice detox delivery program.
“If I’ve been indulging in rich foods, a cleanse is a wonderful way to hit the reset button,” said the ‘Grown Ups’ star.
The two worked with several New York-based nutritionists and vegan chefs to develop the juice and raw-food menus, opting to only use premium-grade, organic and sustainably-grown ingredients.
To begin the juice cleanse — which costs 58 dollar per day — detoxers eliminate processed foods, caffeinated drinks, alcohol, dairy products and sushi.
Those on the program would receive a home delivery of six drinks — including almond milk and watermelon lime — that add up to less than 1,200 calories a day.
“I always lose weight,” said Hayek, who complements her cleanse by doing light yoga.
But Helms, who owns NYC’s Juice Generation, mentioned that weight loss isn’t the only benefit of a cleanse.
“You’ll have renewed energy,” he said.
“My skin glows when I finish day three. And it inspires me to think about what I put in my body,” Hayek added. (ANI)
- Salma Hayek Perpetrates Juice Cleanses To Remain In Shape And Be Gorgeous - Jul 25, 2010
- Salma Hayek's Juicy Ventures - Jul 25, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow's fitness secret - detox - Nov 22, 2010
- Watermelon reduces hardening of arteries - Oct 28, 2011
- Orange juice served in Spanish bars contaminated: Study - Dec 27, 2011
- Paltrow plans to go for detox - Jan 07, 2012
- Mischa Barton feels healthier than ever - Aug 11, 2012
- Detox diets can cause the body to break down - Oct 12, 2009
- Chew well, keep slim, says Paltrow - May 11, 2012
- Melon juice or pomegranate sangria? Take your pick (With Images and Recipes) - May 23, 2011
- Paltrow raves about 3-week detox program in GOOP newsletter - Jul 10, 2009
- Don't go for drastic diets, says Hathaway - Jul 11, 2012
- Ashton Kutcher goes on Master Cleanse diet to survive food shortage - Dec 29, 2010
- No more vegan diet for Megan Fox - Sep 09, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: almond milk, calories, chefs, dairy products, delivery program, food menus, glows, grown ingredients, helms, juicer, lime, mexican beauty, nutritionists, raw food, reset button, salma hayek, ups, vegan, watermelon, wonderful way