Sally Field to play Abraham Lincoln’s wife in Spielberg’s upcoming filmApril 15th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 15 (ANI): Actress Sally Field has been cast in Steven Spielberg’s upcoming film about Abraham Lincoln.
Field, who won best actress Oscars for ‘Norma Rae’ and ‘Places in the Heart’, will play the iconic US president’s wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, reports the BBC.
Her fellow, two-time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis, will play the US president.
Spielberg said Field would bring “fragility and complexity” to the part.
The film based on the book Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin is set to be out in 2012. (ANI)
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg film - Nov 20, 2010
- Daniel Day Lewis transforms into Abraham Lincoln - Aug 08, 2012
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Lincoln - Nov 22, 2010
- Lohan to dine at White House - Apr 27, 2012
- Spielberg's movie on robots - Sep 23, 2010
- Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence feud over a role - May 28, 2012
- No Sherlock Holmes sequel for Daniel Day-Lewis - Aug 03, 2010
- Obama not invited to Chelsea Clinton's wedding (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
- Abraham Lincoln's 200th Birthday - Feb 11, 2009
- Steven Spielberg, Robert Redford to go head to head with Lincoln biopics - Sep 16, 2009
- No Sherlock Holmes for Daniel Day-Lewis - Aug 04, 2010
- Obama, Winfrey among guests invited for Chelsea Clinton's wedding - Jul 14, 2010
- Einstein brain on display in US museum - Nov 24, 2011
- Ford to be honoured by Society of Cinematographers - Feb 01, 2012
- Moore's hit 'Far From Heaven' now a musical - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: abraham lincoln, actress oscars, actress sally field, daniel day lewis, doris kearns goodwin, film london, fragility, lincoln field, mary todd lincoln, norma rae, oscars, places in the heart, political genius, sally field, steven spielberg, team of rivals the political genius of abraham, time oscar winner, upcoming film, who won best actress, wife mary