Salim-Sulaiman nominated for Emmy AwardsMay 25th, 2009 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) India’s music composer duo Salim-Sulaiman have been nominated for the prestigious television production awards Emmy for their composition in popular American show “Wonder Pets”.
The composers bagged the nomination in the outstanding original song category in the Children’s animation section for the song “We like being small” for Nickelodeon’s popular American show “Wonder Pets”. They created the complete score for the episode “Save The Bengal Tiger”.
“We are completely on top of the world. It is a great feeling. We are perhaps the first Indians to be nominated at the Emmy’s so it’s actually an honour for us,” Sulaiman told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“The production house of the show was looking for Indians to compose music for an episode of the show. They had seen ‘Chak De! India’ and got to know about us and contacted us. They wanted a mix of Indian and western,” he added.
The music director duo who have created music for films like “Chak De! India”, “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, “Aaja Nachle” and “Fashion” among others did face some difficulties while composing the music for the particular episode of the animated television series.
“It was a little complicated since we just had the script and scene lengths and nothing else for reference. Also we had to make a song for a children’s show. We have not worked in that genre, so it was challenging,” said Sulaiman.
He says that international recognition is important to an artiste.
“This kind of recognition is very important as it takes the artiste to the next level and is very encouraging also,” he explained.
The award ceremony will be held in Los Angeles Aug 30.
- Salim-Sulaiman to recreate classics with The Bollywood Musical - May 17, 2012
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012
- Music composer as important as the film hero: Salim Merchant (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Salim-Sulaiman to Compose a Song for the FIFA World Cup - Apr 10, 2010
- Salim-Sulaiman hope to make India proud at Emmys - Aug 28, 2009
- Salim Merchant speaks about Indian Idol - May 08, 2010
- Movie Preview: Band Baaja Baraat - Dec 09, 2010
- Who made Big B nervous? - Aug 17, 2012
- For Salim Merchant, music is life - May 29, 2012
- 'Kites' background score of global standard: Sulaiman Merchant - Sep 23, 2009
- Music industry unpredictable: Kunal Ganjawala - May 29, 2012
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Salim-Sulaiman launch Lady Gaga photo exhibition - Jun 18, 2011
- Sarangi maestro Sultan Khan passes away (Lead) - Nov 27, 2011
- It's music time at LFW with Salim-Sulaiman, Sunidhi on ramp - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: aaja nachle, animated television series, animation section, award ceremony, bengal tiger, chak de india, complete score, composers, emmy awards, international recognition, music composer, music director, nickelodeon, original song, production awards, salim sulaiman, song category, television production, top of the world, wonder pets