Salim-Sulaiman launch Lady Gaga photo exhibitionJune 18th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 18 (IANS) After remixing two tracks from American singer Lady Gaga’s new album “Born This Way”, Indian music composers Salim and Sulaiman Merchant Saturday launched a photo exhibition of the star’s most visually impactful photographs.
Called Lady Gaga Wall Of Fame, the exhibition was organised by Universal Music India at Planet M to celebrate the success of “Born This Way”.
“Collaborating with Lady Gaga for the hit song ‘Born This Way’ was initially challenging as we only knew that she was looking at reaching out to Indians worldwide by choosing to work with us. And so, we infused the song with a strong Bollywood beat in a signature Salim-Sulaiman style while retaining the songs original flavor,” Salim said in a statement.
“The acceptance was huge and even voted as the best version of ‘Born This Way’ by LA Times. We are honoured that it has been included on the album for India. It was after this that Lady Gaga wanted us to work on the song ‘Judas’.
“This time around we were more experimental. We infused the song with Rajasthani vocals and the Sarangi and once again we are overwhelmed by the response! The Lady Gaga Wall Of Fame is another opportunity we just could not miss being part of as it’s a great idea to showcase her artistic and creative side to her fans through her imagery,” he added.
“Born This Way” has shipped 4.4 million copies worldwide and debuted at number one in 27 countries including the US, Britain and India.
“Lady Gaga is simply a phenomenon in the world of music today and the response to her new album is only proof to that. And what’s really special about her is that she is not just a great musician, but a tremendous live performer, a fashion icon as well as a philanthropist,” said Sunil D’Sa, vice-president marketing, Universal Music India.
- Sarangi exponent Ustad Sultan Khan dead - Nov 27, 2011
- Salim-Sulaiman to recreate classics with The Bollywood Musical - May 17, 2012
- Lady Gaga releases 'Judas' four days early after song leaked online - Apr 16, 2011
- Sarangi maestro Sultan Khan passes away (Lead) - Nov 27, 2011
- Stars, listeners bridge gap as music booms in India - Oct 30, 2011
- Lady Gaga sued over 'Judas' - Aug 06, 2011
- For Salim Merchant, music is life - May 29, 2012
- Gaga's album banned in Lebanon - Jun 04, 2011
- Lady Gaga reveals that there are no duets on 'Born this way' - Mar 09, 2011
- (SATURDAY) 'Heroine' soundtrack spreads Bollywood flavour (IANS Music Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012
- Music composer as important as the film hero: Salim Merchant (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Taylor Swift beats Lady Gaga record and sets new iTunes Record - Aug 15, 2012
- Lady Gaga upsets Catholics with new single 'Judas' - Apr 11, 2011
- Lady Gaga's single 'Born This Way' releasing on Friday - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: american singer, creative side, fashion icon, indian music composers, judas, la times, lady gaga, music india, music today, original flavor, philanthropist, photo exhibition, remixing, salim sulaiman, sarangi, sunil, universal music, vice president marketing, wall of fame, world of music