Saif, Sharmila in Bhopal to interact with peopleApril 8th, 2012 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 8 (IANS) Saif Ali Khan, Bollywood star and son of late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, is reaching here Sunday evening to preside in the final of a cricket tournament named after his father, authorities said.
The 36th edition of the Iftekhar Memorial Invitation Cricket tournament has been renamed as ‘Ifteker Memorial Tiger trophy’, informed tournament organizer Hamidullah Khan.
Saif’s mother, actress Sharmila Tagore arrived here Saturday evening.
It is for the first time that both mother and son would be present together in the city, which is their ancestral hometown.
Some observers believe that after the demise of Pataudi, who passed away in September last year, the family now want to interact with the people.
- Saif, Sharmila connect with Bhopalites beyond royal lineage - Apr 15, 2012
- 'Saif will be annointed next nawab of Pataudi' - Oct 24, 2011
- Tiger gave Indian cricket 'rockstar' image: Big B - Sep 23, 2011
- Mike Brearley, Ted Dexter, Ian Chappell for Pataudi Memorial Lecture - Dec 28, 2011
- Sharmila's transition from actress to 'begum' - Jan 01, 2012
- My father would've been touched, says Saif - Sep 23, 2011
- Amid chaos of mourners, Pataudi laid to rest - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi was a dashing and daring captain: PM - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi's funeral at family burial ground - Sep 23, 2011
- Kolkata rekindles Sharmila's memories of Pataudi - Nov 10, 2011
- Being a nawab is huge responsibility: Saif - Nov 02, 2011
- Saif annointed 10th Nawab of Pataudi - Oct 31, 2011
- Tiger played with straight bat on and off the field (Obituary) - Sep 22, 2011
- Pakistan cricket mourns Pataudi's death - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudis spend the weekend with Julia Roberts - Oct 01, 2009
Tags: actress, authorities, bhopal, bollywood star, cricket tournament, demise, hometown, invitation, mansoor ali khan, mansoor ali khan pataudi, mother and son, observers, saif ali khan, saturday evening, sharmila tagore, sunday evening, tiger, tournament organizer, trophy