Saif excited about walking red carpet at CannesMay 5th, 2011 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 5 (IANS) The list of Indian actors walking the red carpet at the 64th Cannes International Film Festival is getting longer. The latest to join the bandwagon is Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan and he is excited about attending the gala, starting Wednesday.
Saif will represent liquor brand Chivas Regal, official partner of Cannes film festival.
“It’s really exciting to represent the brand at Cannes. There would be lots of international artists at the festival and it’s really nice to be part of that,” said Saif Thursday, adding he will walk the red carpet in “a black tie and dinner jacket.”
Asked if his actress girlfriend Kareena Kapoor will accompany him, he told reporters: “No, Kareena is not going to be in Cannes with me this time.”
His mother Sharmila Tagore was once on jury at the Cannes film fest.
When asked about her reaction, he said, “You know, it’s not that someone is giving me the Oscars (Laughs). She said go and enjoy.”
This year no Indian film has made to the competition section at the prestigious film fest, and Saif said: “I hope one day we can take our film there to compete.”
Other stars from India to walk the red carpet include Aishwarya Rai, a regular at the gala event, Freida Pinto, Sonam Kapoor and Minissha Lamba.
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Minissha Lamba to walk the red carpet at Cannes - Apr 29, 2011
- Looking forward to work with Kabir again: Katrina Kaif (Movie Snippets) - May 08, 2011
- 'Main Khiladi Tu Anari' sequel won't happen: Saif - May 06, 2011
- Arjun to walk Cannes red carpet with wife - May 08, 2012
- Designer Shaahid Amir to showcase at Cannes (With Image) - May 11, 2011
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- Designers give thumbs up to Ash's Cannes outfit - May 13, 2011
- Arjun meets Pattinson, Stewart in Cannes - May 26, 2012
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Indian's movie on Bollywood makes it to Cannes - Apr 19, 2012
- Freida Pinto doesn't fear fashion police - May 25, 2012
- It would be great if 'Heroine' or 'Inkaar' go to Cannes: Arjun - Mar 29, 2012
- Not planning to get married as yet: Deepika Padukone - May 12, 2010
Tags: aishwarya rai, bollywood star, cannes film fest, cannes film festival, cannes international film festival, chivas regal, competition section, dinner jacket, freida, gala event, indian actors, international film festival, kareena kapoor, liquor brand, minissha lamba, prestigious film, red carpet, saif ali khan, sharmila tagore, sonam kapoor