Saif and I will be smouldering hot in ‘Agent Vinod’: KareenaApril 7th, 2009 - 8:58 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) Kareena Kapoor is finally going to play a full-fledged role in Saif Ali Khan’s home production “Agent Vinod”. She wants the spy drama to be hot and says even the posters will be designed to portray them as Bollywood’s “coolest hot pair”.
It is being said that in the beginning, Kareena’s role in the film was relatively less substantial than Saif’s.
When quizzed, Kareena told IANS: “Do you think I’d agree to be part of the film if my role was not as exciting as Saif? I mean, can you imagine what would happen? Saif and I will be smouldering hot in ‘Agent Vinod’. Even the posters will be designed to highlight us as the coolest hot pair.”
A source close to the project added: “In fact Kareena wasn’t sure she wanted to do ‘Agent Vinod’ because the title clearly indicated whom the film belonged to. But Saif convinced Kareena that her role would be at par with his. Then he convinced Sriram (Raghavan), with whom Saif has a deep rapport since they did ‘Ek Hasina Thi’ (2004), to make sure Kareena’s presence in the film is justified.”
And here is where the problem creeps in. While Saif-Kareena are looking to do a high-gloss big-budget espionage thriller, director Raghavan is looking at making a gritty life-like spy drama.
Raghavan admits that the film will be more in the mood of Mani Shankar’s “Mukhbiir” than director Deepak Bahry’s 1977 movie “Agent Vinod”. At the same time he says the high budget of the new-age “Agent Vinod” forbids any over-experimentation.
“I grew up watching those really filmy spy films like ‘Farz’, ‘Aankhen’, ‘Yakeen’ and of course Rajshris’ ‘Agent Vinod’. I’ve been fascinated by the genre. However, times have changed and so have definitions of espionage. My film will occupy a more real space,” said Raghavan.
“I’ve never worked on this kind of budget before. And I can’t afford to be experimental. The market has to be kept in mind. So there will be music and songs. But no lip sync songs,” said Rahgavan.
(Subhash K. Jha can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod': Bollywood espionage genre comes of age (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- U/A certificate for 'Agent Vinod' - Mar 14, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' collects Rs.10 crore on opening day - Mar 24, 2012
- Heroine not just for glamour in films: Sriram Raghavan - Mar 24, 2012
- Prince Of Persia's Action Director For Saif Ali Khan - Jul 12, 2010
- Now, Sriram Raghavan dabbles in sci-fi - Mar 21, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' is complete Indian hero: Saif - Jan 26, 2012
- Watch out 'Agent Vinod' for desi superspy flavour (IANS Preview) - Mar 19, 2012
- It's tough to make Raghavan happy: Saif - Mar 19, 2012
- Saif Loses 9 Kilos, Gets A New Look, Goes Into Hiding..Comes Out On Aamir's Insistence! - Jun 25, 2010
- 'Agent Vinod' for masses: Saif - Jan 30, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' complete, release date final, says director - Jan 04, 2012
- Matt Damon inspires Saif's look in 'Agent Vinod' - Jun 25, 2010
- Saif to make film based on French comic - May 05, 2011
Tags: bollywood, budget, deepak bahry, definitions, espionage, genre, kareena kapoor, mumbai, music and song, new age, posters, presence, raghavan, saif ali khan, shankar, spy films, subhash k jha, thriller, yakeen