Saif and Deepika to illuminate screens at ICC World Twenty20May 30th, 2009 - 1:37 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
ESPN STAR Sports and Love Aaj Kal tie-up for a joint promotion exercise
What could be common between T20 cricket and Illuminati films first production “Love Aaj Kal in association with Eros International. Leading sports broadcaster ESPN and the makers of Love Aaj Kal believe there is plenty. “Love Aaj Kal tells a tale of two loves - Love Aaj ; where the game of love is played quick and easy like an exciting T20 Cricket match and Love Kal ; which is the more steady and pure form- like a game of classic cricket.
ESPN and Illuminati films have entered a promotional tie up under which ESPN STAR Sports network channels will run promos that will drive salience for the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20 which will be televised live on STAR Cricket and for the movie Love Aaj Kal due to be released shortly.
Speaking on the occasion, Nirmal Dayani, Sr. Director – Marketing, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd, said, India being the incumbent champions and given the positive streak team India has been on, our strategy to promote the event has been to capitalize on this sentiment of confidence. The tie-up with Love Aaj Kal is an attempt to further amplify the sentiment through a bollywood connect. The film and the stars reflect the same positivity and passion. We are also delighted to mention that both the stars will also be present for one of the matches and will feature in various programming opportunities around the telecast of the tournament.”
And the result is refreshing promo with Saif and Deepika looking fabulous together. The two will also be seen in the commentator’s box during the world cup, interacting with Harsha Bhogle and cheering the Indian team.
Says Dinesh Vijan, Producer, Illuminati Films. “The tie up between ESPN and Illuminati films came naturally as both T20 Cricket and Love Aaj Kal speak the language of today’s generation. The story of change from traditional cricket to T20 is similar to the way love has evolved today so there is a strong association for both the parties and we are both looking forward to it’
Look out for Saif and Deepika amidst all the excitement of the T20 world cup! -Sampurn Media
- 'Cocktail' has promoted itself: producer - Jul 11, 2012
- Saif to promote Love Aaj Kal in ICC World Twenty 20 cricket tournament - May 29, 2009
- Saif and I complement each other: Dinesh Vijan - Jul 19, 2012
- Deepika says her Veronica different from Meera - May 23, 2012
- Deepika, Saif team up again for 'Cocktail' - May 17, 2011
- 'Love Aaj Kal' is like Test cricket, T20 rolled into one - May 30, 2009
- love aaj kal london press conference - Jun 18, 2009
- Illuminati Films Love Aaj Kal's first look revealed at PVR, Phoenix Mills. - Jun 15, 2009
- Deepika Padukone, Saif Ali Khan: Pairing Up Once Again In A Rom-Com - Dec 14, 2010
- Imran, Deepika paired again - Oct 21, 2010
- Team India imparts best leadership lessons: Anita & Harsha Bhogle - Jun 26, 2011
- Deepika keen on women centric films - Jul 11, 2012
- Saif, Deepika to sizzle again in Adajania's next (Film snippets) - Dec 14, 2010
- First look of Love Aaj Kal. - May 09, 2009
- Deepika dons racy swimsuit for Vogue cover (With Image) - May 29, 2012
Tags: aaj, commentator, cricket match, dayani, deepika, eros international, espn, espn star sports, icc world twenty20, illuminati, india pvt ltd, network channels, positivity, programming opportunities, s box, saif, software india, sports broadcaster, sports network, two loves