Saif Ali Khan apologises for alleged assault (Lead)September 29th, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Patiala (Punjab), Sep 29 (IANS) Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan Monday apologised for a row with a photojournalist here but maintained that he was not involved in the alleged assault on the photographer.Saif’s apology came hours after Government Railway Police (GRP) registered a case against him and four others of a film unit for allegedly assaulting a photojournalist.
The actor, who initially remained unavailable after the case was registered against him and others, later held a meeting with local journalists and apologised. A compromise was worked out between both sides.
“Patiala is a lovely place and our shoot has been going really well. The crowd has also been very co-operative. As an individual I was not present at the time of the incident so I don’t know the details. But as a producer and on behalf of Illuminati Films, our company, I would like to apologise on behalf of our security for any inconvenience caused to the local press,” said Saif.
“Shooting can get pretty chaotic and crowded in small towns and some pushing and shoving normally happens in a crowd situation. It happens all the time. So if anyone has been offended I would like to apologize to them personally and also on behalf of our production,” added the actor.
Saif and members of the unit of his latest film “Three Idiots” were booked for assault, intimidation and inciting violence. The actor himself was booked for inciting the film unit workers.
Commenting on the assault charges levelled against him, Saif said: “That is completely, completely false and baseless. I was not even around. Anyway, like I said before, I would still like to apologise to anyone who was offended.”
Earlier in the day, GRP officials said a case was registered following a complaint by a photojournalist from a Hindi newspaper who said he had been beaten up by the film unit staff after being incited by the actor.
“We registered a case against Khan and others following a complaint,” GRP inspector general G.S. Grewal said.
The photographer was taking pictures of Khan at the railway station here Sunday. The star objected and told private security and film production unit associates to tackle the photojournalist following which he was allegedly thrashed.
- Saif in trouble for assaulting South African (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- 'Nawab' Saif's bad boy behaviour continues - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif is sorry, says he was provoked (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Saif Ali Khan arrested, released on bail (Third Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif Ali Khan in assault trouble in Punjab - Sep 29, 2008
- Saif Ali Khan arrested, released on bail (Fourth Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Saif in trouble for assaulting South African (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Salman gets fine notice for smoking in public - May 31, 2011
- Congress legislator apologises for assaulting photo-journalist - Mar 20, 2012
- Deepika, Saif team up again for 'Cocktail' - May 17, 2011
- Bollywood mum over Saif-Sharma brawl - Feb 23, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' collects Rs.10 crore on opening day - Mar 24, 2012
- Saif apologises, says brawl no publicity stunt - Feb 23, 2012
- Saif Ali Khan booked for assaulting patron in Taj hotel - Feb 22, 2012
- Imran Khan was the first choice for 'Cocktail' - Jul 06, 2012