Sai Sagar’s ‘Mooraneya Class…’ is disappointing fare (Kannada Film Review)December 22nd, 2008 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Mooraneya Class Manja B.Com Bhagya”; Cast: Manjesh, Ashwini, Sathyajith, Honnavalli Krishna, Asha Latha, Narayan and others.; Story-Screenplay-Dialogues-Lyrics-Direction: Sai Sagar; Producer: C. Narayan; Music Director: Venkat-Narayan; Rating: * Director Sai Sagar has moved away from sickle and sword to romance in his third directorial venture “Mooraneya Class Manja B.Com Bhagya”. While his previous two movies - “Mental Manja” and “Thimma” - were disasters, this one is no different.
The film boasts of a love story, but the narration is so lacklustre and crude that you feel like proscribing the entire project. The film’s narrative proves that Sai Sagar is not equipped to make a decent film. Meaningless and illogical script is visible from the first sequence and expose Sagar’s poor writing skill.
Sagar’s poor taste is also visible in a scene where he uses an item number where a funeral procession is taking place.
In another sequence, the hero tells his grandfather to wear his shorts in front of his lover. And there is a kissing sequence in the film, which is shot quite distastefully.
Except for the music by Venkat-Narayan, nothing works for the film. Even cinematographer has failed to use some tricks to save the film. The director has not infused any seriousness into the film, obvious from expressionless faces of actors.
The so called comedy sequences fail to make any impact.
The story is about Manja, a school dropout. He is in love with Bhagya, who is doing B.Com. Manja’s attempts to woo Bhagya is resisted by her father and her rowdy brother. Manja fights with Bhagya’s brother and decides to elope with her.
Performance from lead artists - Manjesh and Ashwini - is disappointing. Ashwini gets a better opportunity in the film compared to her debut movie “Varasudaara”, but is made to overact. Sathyajith, Honnavalli Krishna, Ashalatha have nothing much to do in this listless film.
- 'Shyloo' not as good as original, but watchable (Kannada Movie Review) - Dec 11, 2011
- 'Kal Manja' is gripping after a dull start (Kannada movie review; Rating: (**1/2) - Feb 05, 2011
- Dhruv Signs Director Murthy Kumar's 'Mara LLB' - Sep 30, 2010
- Poor script derails 'Badrinath' (Telugu movie review) - Jun 11, 2011
- 'God Father' treat for Upendra fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 29, 2012
- Overdose of violence makes 'Rana' a bad watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 08, 2012
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Galli Kurrollu' canning songs - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Bidda' - an illogical story worth avoiding - Nov 29, 2008
- Watch 'Breaking News' for Radhika-Ajay's performance (Kannada Movie Review) - May 20, 2012
- Delhi students look to Chandigarh for B.Com courses - Jun 27, 2011
- Kannada fim 'Bete' sheer waste of time (Kannada film review) - Dec 25, 2011
- 'Paper Dhoni' shoddy work of Nayak (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 24, 2012
- Poor script spoils 'Kho Kho' (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 15, 2012
- 'Tuneega Tuneega' - weak script, a big let down (Telugu Movie ) - Jul 22, 2012