Sachin misses century, Bollywood heartbrokenNovember 25th, 2011 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 25 (IANS) Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar missed his 100th international century by just six runs and it has not only disappointed his fans across the globe, Bollywood celebs are heartbroken too.
Sachin has struck 99 centuries in international cricket, and has been stuck at that figure for the last eight months. His last century came in a World Cup league match against South Africa in March. And ever since it has been a long wait to see him score the century of centuries nobody has scored before. He has 48 ODI centuries and 51 Test centuries to his credit.
This is what the film fraternity has to say about Sachin’s big miss:
Amitabh Bachchan: Oh dear! Believe Sachin out on 95! Heartbroken! Ah well another day maybe… We’ll wait. “Correction: out on 94!! Still heartbroken, but full of hope and conviction that he shall get there someday!!
Shirish Kunder: Sachin missed his ton. Sachin missed his ton. The second one was for Pawar whose ears are still ringing.
Arjun Rampal: Oh no Sachin, damn, so close. Wish u that 100 asap.
Gaurav Kapur: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ……… Shit, crap, bloody hell!
Mandira Bedi: It was a beautiful, fluent, sachin-esque 94. Let’s be thankful for those 94 runs!!
Shekhar Kapur: Oh well, next innings. God is just teasing us.
Farhan Akhtar: Sad about sachin getting out on 94 but the Aussie tour now has an added edge to it… And to get it there, will be priceless!!
–Indo-Asian News service
- Kudos to Sachin's hundred 100s: B-Town - Mar 16, 2012
- India erupts with joy as Sachin hits 100th ton (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Tendulkar's 100th ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Why should Sachin Tendulkar retire: Lata Mangeshkar - Mar 20, 2012
- Milestone century eludes Tendulkar again (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- India's finest salute Sachin (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Praise showered on Sachin for century of tons (Intro Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar misses landmark century, India 376/6 at lunch - Nov 25, 2011
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- PM congratulates Tendulkar on 100th international ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar would be happy to see an Indian break his record (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- History beckons Sachin at Eden - Nov 12, 2011
- India 376/6 at lunch against West Indies - Nov 25, 2011
- Big B signs Shirish Kunder's 'Common Man' - Dec 11, 2011
- Tendulkar closing in on 100th international ton (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: added edge, amitabh bachchan, arjun rampal, asian news, aussie tour, bloody hell, centuries, eight months, gaurav, heartbroken, indo, international cricket, long wait, mandira bedi, mumbai, odi, pawar, sachin tendulkar, shekhar kapur, world cup