Sacha Baron Cohen: ‘Hugo is a work of art’November 28th, 2011 - 10:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sacha Baron Cohen is not bothered about the length of his latest movie “Hugo.” The British actor says the 127-minute movie is “a work of art” which will not unnecessarily bore its viewers as some critics have suggested.
The movie which was directed by Martin Scorsese is an adaptation of Brian Selznick’s 530-page book “The Inventions of Hugo Cabret.” The movie opened strongly in the United States on Thanksgiving. Considering the fact that it was shown on about a third of the screens where the other movies were being shown, the movie’s 5th position on the US Box Office turned out to be a very good one. The movie was shown on only 1,277 screens in the United States.
During a chat with newsmen in New York, Cohen said that, “It seems to me, Marty makes films for himself. He is an artist, a true artist, and he makes the movie that he wants to see. My first line in the movie had the word ‘malfeasance’ in it, which I barely understood, and I said, ‘Are you worried children some children won’t understand that?’ And he said, ‘No, it’s the right word to use there.’”
Cohen played the role of Hugo and during the chat he added that he enjoyed his character.
- 'Hugo' recreates magic of the movies (IANS Movie Review) - May 05, 2012
- Law, Kingsley and Winstone team up for new Martin Scorsese film - Jun 30, 2010
- Sacha Baron Cohen to star in 'The Invention Of Hugo Cabret' - May 25, 2010
- 'Let Me In' Star Chloe Grace Moretz Not Allowed to Watch Horror Movies - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Hugo' leads Oscar nominations, 'The Artist' 2nd - Jan 24, 2012
- Literary works dominate Golden Globe nomination list - Dec 19, 2011
- 'Hugo' wins best cinematography, art direction - Feb 27, 2012
- Martin Scorsese treats everyone as equal: Moretz - Apr 30, 2012
- Sacha Baron Cohen not welcome to attend Oscars dressed as 'The Dictator' - Feb 23, 2012
- Why is Sacha Baron barred from the Oscar ceremony? - Feb 23, 2012
- 'The Dictator' banned in Tajikistan - May 18, 2012
- 'DAM 999' out, 'Hugo' leads Oscar nomination pack (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- 'Hugo' wins best visual effects Oscar - Feb 27, 2012
- Sir Christopher Lee To Recceive BAFTA Honor - Feb 10, 2011
- Hazanavicius wins best director Oscar for `The Artist' (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: adaptation, brian selznick, british actor, films, hugo cabret, inventions, malfeasance, martin scorsese, newsmen, sacha baron cohen, screens, thanksgiving, true artist, us box office, work of art