‘Sacch Ka Saamna’ set for season 2, host not yet decidedNovember 22nd, 2009 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 22 (IANS) Controversial reality game show “Sacch Ka Saamna” is set to return to the small screen with a second season on Star Plus. However, the show’s host has not yet been decided, said an official.
The first season that ended Sep 18 was hosted by actor Rajeev Khandelwal.
“The show did well and it will have a season two. But we haven’t yet decided on when to air it or who will be the host - all those things haven’t been addressed,” Anupam Vasudev, executive vice-president, marketing and communication, STAR India, told IANS over telephone from Mumbai.
“It (the show) is not (planned) in the near future,” he added.
The bold content of the game show came under the government scanner after the issue was raised in parliament.
Later, the ministry of Information and Broadcasting issued a showcause notice to the channel for violating the programming code of the Cable TV Network Act of 1995.
Based on the American show “The Moment of Truth”, “Sacch Ka Saamna” featured contestants who had to answer 21 questions about their personal lives. A polygraph machine determined whether their answers were true or not.
A contestant with the perfect score could walk away with a prize money of Rs.10 million. In the first season, celebrities like former cricketer Vinod Kambli, actresses Urvashi Dholakia and Rupa Ganguly featured on the show and made brave revelations, but none could win the prize money.
- Meerut man wins Rs.5 mn on 'Sach Ka Saamna' (With Images) - Mar 28, 2012
- 'Sach Ka Saamna' under government scanner, channel remains mum - Jul 23, 2009
- US expert to determine truth on new Indian reality show - Jul 14, 2009
- Rural backdrops, reality shows rocked small screen (Flashback 2009) - Dec 21, 2009
- New channel Life OK launched, Madhuri to be sutradhaar - Dec 18, 2011
- Film director, author - Rajeev Khandelwal's future roles (Interview) - Nov 02, 2009
- Political blade on Sach Ka Saamna - Jul 23, 2009
- KBC winner awaits Rs.5 crore, Big B says cheque ready - Dec 13, 2011
- For Bhansali, Rajeev Khandelwal refuses to chop his locks - Sep 18, 2009
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' mock ramp to tour 22 cities (With Images) - Jul 30, 2011
- Woman ends life after watching 'Sach Ka Saamna' - Sep 21, 2009
- Bhojpuri, Bengali versions of '...To Be A Millionaire' start Monday - Jun 03, 2011
- Sach Ka Saamna challenges users on mobile - Jul 11, 2009
- TV shows need strict censorship: MP Kamal Akhtar - Jul 23, 2009
- ABC's "Winter Wipeout" premieres with 24 contestants - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: 10 million, actor rajeev khandelwal, cable tv network, cricketer, dholakia, executive vice, game show, ministry of information, moment of truth, perfect score, personal lives, polygraph machine, prize money, programming code, reality game, revelations, rupa, saamna, second season, vice president marketing