Sabyasachi turns to TV, excited about exploring new market (With Image)February 9th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) After serving the fashion world for over a decade, designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee has now forayed into the TV world with his “Band Baajaa Bride with Sabyasachi” show that he says will enable him connect with a market he has not tapped.
The 37-year-old is the designer for the second season of the show where he will makeover 13 girls into bridal divas.
“Yes, this is the first time I am doing a full-fledged television show. I took this opportunity as I feel the show will give me a chance to dress up brides from all over India, from different communities, religions and economic backgrounds. Also keeping in mind the bridal season, it is an apt time to be the part of a show which is entirely dedicated to bridal wear,” Mukherjee told IANS.
The designer also feels the show will allow him to explore a new market.
“We designers always get the chance to design for high-end celebrities, socialities and models but ‘Band Baaja…’ will give me a chance to connect with untapped market, which always aspires to wear our creations but never did so because of high prices and limited designs.
“It will be little bit of reality check for me to know about these girls and their mindsets,” he said.
Talking about his experience while facing the camera, he said: “This is not the first time I am facing the camera. I have given many interviews in the past and that experience helped me during the shooting of the show. Also, my experience working with these girls was very interesting. I went to their homes, ate with them, interacted with their families.”
The show goes on air Friday on NDTV Good Times.
- A cultural potpourri at Pakistan's Bridal Week (Curtain Raiser) - Dec 17, 2011
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Time to unveil our own Victoria's Secret: Indian designers - Dec 08, 2011
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Bittoo Boss' sans stars' special appearances - Apr 10, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- No more reality shows for me, says Pooja Misrra - Feb 16, 2012
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bridal Asia 2011 to start Sep 30 - Jul 10, 2011
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Amrita Rao walks the ramp for girl child - Nov 03, 2010
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: apt time, bridal wear, brides, celebrities, decade, designers, divas, economic backgrounds, fashion world, good times, little bit, mindsets, ndtv, New Delhi, reality check, religions, second season, television show, tv world, untapped market