SAB TV Ready To Welcome Mrs. Tendulkar!December 29th, 2010 - 7:20 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
SAB TV is planning to extend its association with the family audience with yet another comedy show targeting this group. With this aim, the channel has roped in Hats Off Production, which is well known for its family comedies like ‘Khichdi’, ‘Bahoo aur Baby’ and ‘Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai’.
The show in the line has been titled ‘Mrs. Tendulkar’, which promises to be a rib tickling show set in Maharashtra. This is going to yet another funny venture by Hats Off bosses J D Majethia and Aatish Kapadia. The show is expected to strengthen the viewership of the channel in the Indian market.
Executive VP & Business Head of the channel, Anooj Kapoor says that Majethia and Kapadia are known for creating some wonderful clean and entertaining comedy shows that can be enjoyed by the entire family. Mr. Kapoor adds that they hope the association will offer one more engaging show for the loyal viewers of the channel. They are expecting to draw some fresh audiences through this show.
Producer and actor JD Majethia says that the channel and Hats Off have common motto to entertain the family viewers so they hope their effort is loved by the audience.
According to Aatish Kapadia, the co-producer and writer of the show, ‘Mrs. Tendulkar’ is an ideal combination of modern ideas and traditional beliefs.
There is a buzz that renowned face from the television industry will play the role of Mrs. Tendulkar. However, the makers have not announced anything officially about it yet.
- Fox Star to release big screen version of TV series 'Khichdi' - Aug 14, 2010
- Small screen competition makes it tough, says hit producer - Mar 26, 2011
- Fox Star Studios To Release 'Khichdi' On October 1 - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' won't come back: Deven Bhojani - May 16, 2012
- TV Comedy Show 'Khichdi' To Be Adapted In A Movie - Aug 14, 2010
- Baa Bahu Aur Baby to go off air! - Feb 13, 2010
- Comedy is getting vulgar: Aatish Kapadia - Oct 12, 2010
- Regional flavours on tube; Gujarati shows dominate - Mar 29, 2012
- SAB TV to bring silent comedy show in India - Jan 15, 2010
- Bollywood stars eye serials after reality overdose - Oct 16, 2010
- 'Don't worry Chachu' shifts focus to male protagonist - Sep 22, 2011
- Sab TV steps into reality zone with 'Nanhe Superstars' - Jul 05, 2012
- Shekhar Suman to be back with 'Movers & Shakers' - Feb 23, 2012
- Indian people are not adventurous: J.D. Majethia (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- NRI family drama coming on tube - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: audiences, bahoo, business head, comedies, comedy show, comedy shows, family audience, family viewers, hats, jd, kapadia, loyal viewers, motto, sab tv, sarabhai, television industry, tendulkar, traditional beliefs, viewership, vp