Ryan Gosling, The ‘Blue Valentine’ Actor Speaks Up Against CensorshipJanuary 24th, 2011 - 10:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
. He feels “frustrated” because according to him the ratings have an adverse effect on his audience count and actually keeps away many of them.
The movie’s “ NC-17” rating, given in October 2010 was reduced to “R” after an appeal, in December 2010. Gosling is upset about the entire method. According to reports, he feels that neither do the authorities give a clear reason, nor do they allow any debate, they just make their decision known.
The actor says that he is not of the opinion that children who are not older than 17 years should watch the film, but this rating has other implications too, which can have a bad effect. For instance, this rating implies that the movie cannot be aired on TV, there can be no newspaper advertisements and it cannot be screened, except in large cities, which have art house theaters.
The disputed scene shows Gosling indulging in oral sex with Michelle Williams. According to Gosling, the scene is crucial because it shed light on the possible consequences of unprotected casual sex. Gosling finds it absurd that parents do not want their kids to know about the consequences of sex.
Ryan feels the film does not glorify the sexual act; rather it de-mystifies it. The film Blue Valentine has been directed by Derek Cianfrance and the score of the film has been composed by the band “Grizzly Bear”. Blue Valentine, has received positive comments from critics.
- Ryan Gosling frustrated by censorship - Jan 23, 2011
- Distributors of 'Blue Valentine' Appeal NC-17 Rating - Oct 16, 2010
- Michelle Williams 'proud of 'Blue Valentine' sex scene' - Dec 31, 2010
- Ryan Gosling says that sex in 'Blue Valentine' felt real - Jan 11, 2011
- Gosling is a good listener - Aug 27, 2012
- Blue Valentine gets a NC-17 rating - Oct 16, 2010
- Media exposure prompts risky behaviour - Mar 08, 2011
- Michelle Williams used screaming to 'escape' from 'toxic' sex scenes - Sep 26, 2010
- What you watch is what you do - Mar 08, 2011
- Smoking okay on reel, not in real: B-Town (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- Gosling loves comedy films - Sep 25, 2011
- Bollywood now high on drug tales - Apr 21, 2011
- 'Chronicle' blends genres with clever twists and turns (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 04, 2012
- Gosling praises Clooney - Oct 15, 2011
- Robert Pattinson sets his heart on depicting musical idol - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: 17 years, adverse effect, advertisements, audience, authorities, blue valentine, casual sex, censorship, consequences, grizzly bear, michelle williams, nc 17, oral sex, parents, ryan gosling, score, sexual act