Russian journalists assaultedMay 4th, 2012 - 4:36 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Three newspaper journalists were attacked by several unidentified people in a drunken brawl in a central Russian city.
Police started an investigation Thursday into the attack on the journalists in Ryazan.
The journalists work for Novaya Gazeta, a liberal newspaper.
The circumstances of the incident were not clear, but some reports said it was unrelated to the journalists’ professional activities.
The journalists said they detained two of the attackers but police who arrived at the scene later released them.
Some reports suggested all the participants in the brawl were intoxicated.
- Russian media tycoon sells radio stations - May 17, 2012
- Stalin grandson sues Moscow radio station - Mar 25, 2011
- Official fired for not sending people to pro-Putin rally - Feb 07, 2012
- Two Russians detained for brawl on plane - Feb 23, 2012
- Floods hit homes in Russia - Apr 22, 2012
- Protests over Russian 'gay propaganda' bill - Dec 27, 2011
- Warsaw clashes instigated by locals: Polish ambassador - Jun 13, 2012
- Moscow tightens security for Polish embassy - Jun 16, 2012
- Murder accused held after 20 years on the run - Sep 28, 2011
- Three Russian journalists detained in Kazakhstan - Dec 19, 2011
- Dozens of protesters detained in Russia - Jun 01, 2011
- Seven Russian fans remain in Polish custody - Jul 03, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Japanese diplomat robbed in Moscow - Oct 23, 2010
- Rowdy Russian fans head for Warsaw - Jun 15, 2012