Russell Crowe ’sheds pounds for Robin Hood role’April 22nd, 2009 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 22 (ANI): Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has shed pounds to look fitter for the role of Robin Hood in Ridley Scott’s forthcoming flick.
According to sources, Crowe is looking much slimmer and has shed a lot of fat.
“Russell has been hitting the gym and looks his best in years,” The Daily Express quoted a source, as saying.
“His hair is also cropped short. The film is physically demanding, so he had to get in shape,” the source added.
Though it was not easy for Crowe to shed so much weight in such a short span of time, he slogged and eventually attained the preferred look, the insider added.
“Russell knew what level he had to go to fitness-wise. It wasn’t as easy this time as he’s almost a decade older than when he appeared in Gladiator. But he pulled it off,” the source said. (ANI)
- Ridley Scott to miss Cannes screening of Robin Hood - May 11, 2010
- Playing Robin Hood made me feel 20 years young: Russell Crowe - Apr 28, 2010
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009
- Russell Crowe's new film touted as the "ultimate" Robin Hood film - Dec 02, 2009
- Russell Crowe too fat to star in Robin Hood flick? - Jan 01, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' leaves you wanting for more (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 11, 2010
- "Robin Hood" Fails To Impress - May 16, 2010
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Russell Crowe thinks movie-making is taking its toll on his body - Apr 26, 2010
- Ridley Scott wants 'Robin Hood' sequel - May 02, 2010
- Russell Crowe lands Hollywood star - Mar 30, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Movie Review: Robin Hood - Jun 11, 2010
- 2010 Cannes Festival Opens With Robin Hood - May 12, 2010
- Cate Blanchett says Russell Crowe is 'not always easy' - May 21, 2010